Scrapbookpages Blog

June 6, 2016

Stumbling Stones on the streets of German cities

Filed under: Germany, Holocaust, World War II — Tags: , , — furtherglory @ 8:17 am

Tourists, in Germany today, can’t walk two feet down a city street without being confronted with memories of the Holocaust.

The following quote is the first sentence in a news article which you can read in full here: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/01/stolpersteine-memory-holocaust-victims-marks-path-along-european-streets.html

Begin quote

Reminders of Germany’s dark past confront 7-year-old Juri Hesselmann each morning as he walks to school with his father.

End quote

Stumbling stones on a city street in Germany

Stumbling stones on a Berlin street mark former locations of  Jewish residents who were killed in the Holocaust

In the photo above, notice the cobblestones in the street on the right hand side. These cobblestones were laid hundreds of years ago, and millions of Germans have walked these streets in the past.  Now a German citizen can’t walk two steps out of his house without being confronted with guilt about the Holocaust.  When will this end? NEVER!

The following quote is from the news article:

Begin quote

The first Stolpersteine  in Berlin were placed in 1996. Memorializing 50 Jewish residents of Berlin’s Kreuzberg district, they were the creation of German artist Gunter Demnig as part of an art project that examined Auschwitz, the German death camp in Nazi occupied Poland, where 1.1 million people were gassed, shot, beaten, or died from disease and hunger.

These first Stolpersteine were considered illegal. But the Berlin authorities later relented.

In the 20 years since, Demnig has placed nearly 60,000 Stolpersteine throughout Europe, from Norway to Greece, with more than 7,000 in Berlin alone. Astonished by the demand for these memorials, Demnig has acknowledged that the job has consumed his life.

Demnig now has an assistant, Michael Friedrichs-Friedlander, who was especially moved by the 34 plaques he made for orphans and their caregivers. These plaques were placed in front of an orphanage in Hamburg.

“They were between three and five years old,” Friedrichs-Friedlander told the German government broadcaster Deutsche Welle. “I couldn’t sleep for weeks.”

The plaques serve as constant reminders to the residents of neighborhoods like Juri’s that the Nazi death machine took so many Jews from the neighborhood. They force residents to think. How would they react if they had a Jewish neighbor who vanished in the night? What would you do if your neighbor were taken away today?

End quote

I have an alternative suggestion. Every resident of Germany should place a plaque, with the name of a Jew who cheated him or her, on the street in front of his or her residence.

Note that the news article mentions that 1.1 million Jews were killed at Auschwitz. This is down from the 4 million deaths that were originally claimed at Auschwitz.  However, this does not change the sacred 6 million number of Jewish deaths.

The following quote is also from the news article cited above:

Begin quote

According to Helmut Lolhoffel, a spokesman for the Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf Stolpersteine project, there were 13,200 Jewish residents deported from this area of Berlin and murdered by the Nazis. The Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf area includes Juri’s neighborhood. Altogether there were 55,000 Jews deported from Berlin and killed.

Lolhoffel, 72, whose parents were Nazis, said that Germans must forever commemorate the victims of the Nazis.

“The Stolpersteine are our permanent reminders,” said Hesselmann, noting that their importance grows as the number of survivors who can tell the story of the Holocaust shrinks.

End quote

RuinedChurch

My photo above shows the Kaiser Wilhelm Church, which was built at the end of the 19th century; it was destroyed by British bombs in November 1943. Part of the ruins have been preserved as a memorial. A new modern church and a tower have been built beside it.

I have a section on my scrapbookpages.com website about Berlin: http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Berlin2002/index.html

 

 

25 Comments »

  1. When I first heard about the ‘Stolpersteine’ I couldn’t believe it. In Amsterdam, when you stumbled over a stone people used to say: “Must be a Jew buried there”. Not being from Amsterdam I asked: “How come? ” and they said: “Well his nose is sticking out”. Maybe I should add that humor in Amsterdam can be quite harsh

    Comment by Dr Kim — June 7, 2016 @ 7:00 am

  2. Are there Stolpersteins for all the German civilians killed in the criminal allied policy of carpet bombing of German cities in WW2?

    Comment by peter — June 6, 2016 @ 10:08 am

    • Maybe the Poles, Russians, Ukrainians, Belorussians, etc. need to put a stolperstein in front of their doors to commemorate the criminal actions of Germans who slaughtered so many civilians in those areas.

      Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 11:29 am

  3. “I have an alternative suggestion. Every resident of Germany should place a plaque, with the name of a Jew who cheated him or her, on the street in front of his or her residence.”

    Why are you saying that every German was cheated by a Jew? That’s impossible.

    “Note that the news article mentions that 1.1 million Jews were killed at Auschwitz. This is down from the 4 million deaths that were originally claimed at Auschwitz. However, this does not change the sacred 6 million number of Jewish deaths.”

    Well, no one ever claimed that 4 million Jews died at Auschwitz. So that decline in numbers has no bearing on the amount of Jews killed at Auschwitz-Birkenau.

    Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 9:24 am

    • Edit:
      The decline in numbers at Birkenau has no bearing on the amount of Jews killed during the Holocaust.

      Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 9:27 am

    • You wrote: “Why are you saying that every German was cheated by a Jew? That’s impossible.”

      Yes, that is what I’m saying. In my own life, every single Jew that I have ever had any contact with, in business or in private life, has cheated me.
      I wrote about this in this blog post:
      https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/holodcaust-survivor-explains-the-word-ration-to-4th-graders-in-america/

      Comment by furtherglory — June 6, 2016 @ 10:09 am

      • So, every single man, woman and child in Germany was cheated by a Jew?
        There aren’t that many Jews in Germany.
        You say every Jew you ever dealt with cheated you?
        Forgive me if I find that hard to believe.

        Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 11:26 am

        • Jeff K, you are pretty unintelligent … maybe on purpose? One Jew can cheat thousands, even hundreds of thousands of Gentiles. Jews in business, Jews in the legal and judicial system, Jews in banking and finance. It’s a fact that the Jews who dominate (and created!) the U.S. Federal Reserve System have cheated every single man, woman and child in the United States — that’s a number now going on 325 million..

          You don’t find it hard to believe — you just don’t want it to be believed. There is no bigger denier than you.

          Comment by Carolyn Yeager — June 6, 2016 @ 12:47 pm

          • Well, coming from the queen of all deniers I guess that says something.

            Maybe you should look around the house, Carolyn. There might be a fanged, clawed Jew sneaking up behind you to steal your money.

            Besides, I don’t know what the problem is. Didn’t you marry a Jew?

            Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 1:02 pm

            • I guess I did not. And you are revealing that you spend a lot of time in the gutter with guttersnipes, which is not surprising for one who loves the holocaust and hates Germans like you do. And by the way, this reply of yours is absolutely devoid of any content. You write simply to write. Do you have a quota to fill?

              You cannot deny what I wrote about the Federal Reserve, so you ignore it. At the CODOH Forum, if you avoid responding to challenges put to you, it’s called dodging, and you’re not allowed to get away with it. You wouldn’t last there any time at all.

              Comment by Carolyn Yeager — June 6, 2016 @ 6:40 pm

              • “I guess I did not. And you are revealing that you spend a lot of time in the gutter with guttersnipes”

                Are you sure? Because some of the white supremacist I saw on-line really think he was. I thought all you Nazi lovers speak and think with one voice.

                “which is not surprising for one who loves the holocaust and hates Germans like you do.”

                I don’t love or hate the Holocaust or Germans. That is a product of your delusions, groupie. The Holocaust is a fact of history. As far as Germans go, the Germans I have met have been lovely people. I don’t have any complaints. So, Germans were involved in some ugly incidents in the last World War. It happens. I certainly don’t blame the Germans of today for that.

                “And by the way, this reply of yours is absolutely devoid of any content. You write simply to write. Do you have a quota to fill?”

                I’m occasionally whimsical, it’s part of my nature.
                I also understand that engaging with you on an any serious level is a waste of time but I do enjoy mocking you.

                “You cannot deny what I wrote about the Federal Reserve, so you ignore it.”

                No, I simply find it irrelevant.

                “At the CODOH Forum, if you avoid responding to challenges put to you, it’s called dodging, and you’re not allowed to get away with it. You wouldn’t last there any time at all.”

                You mean the slime pit? I’ve been there.
                The only thing I can say about it is its not as bad as Stormfront.
                Be honest, Carolyn. Hannover would moderate me to death, he would scrub my comments like you do.
                I have posted on Bradley Smith’s blog, may he rest in peace. He, unlike you, believed in an honest discussion about all of this.
                So, I can do this if you want, Carolyn. You want to discuss the Holocaust? Then let’s talk about it. I’m happy to continue here.

                Comment by Jeff K. — June 6, 2016 @ 7:05 pm

                • You do not mock me, but you can try. CODOH Forum is not a slime pit, it’s just the opposite, a very clean place, and at least you’re not there. You are the slime. You say “Be honest. Carolyn” and then proceed to announce what I myself said would happen to you there. I’m quite sure you are taught how to turn things around on your opponent, just to keep wasting their time..I have wasted enough time here, and with you. This site has nothing to offer me in intellectual interest, so I won’t bother checking on it any more.

                  Comment by Carolyn Yeager — June 6, 2016 @ 11:02 pm

                • Run away then, coward.

                  Your hero would be so disappointed.

                  I’m sure it’s because you simply have a piss poor understanding of the history involved.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 4:40 am

                • Run away then, coward.

                  Your hero would be so disappointed.

                  I’m sure it’s because you simply have a piss poor understanding of the history involved.
                  See ya.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 4:41 am

        • You wrote: “You say every Jew you ever dealt with cheated you?”

          I worked for a national company, which shall remain nameless, which was owned by Jews. In this company, all the employees had two names, their real name and a fake name. The purpose of this was to cheat the customers by using a fake name. Money was withheld from the employees who were told that the company had to use the salary, earned by the employees, for company purposes. I was fired from this company and $4600 dollars that was owed to me was not given to me.

          I brought a lawsuit against this company and I handled the lawsuit by myself because I had no money to pay a lawyer. The judge awarded me the money plus a large sum of money in penalities. After awarding me this money, the judge looked at the company’s lawyer, who was a Jew, and said that I knew more about the law than he did. The Jewish lawyer’s mouth dropped open, and I thought that he was going to have a stroke.

          P.S. I forgot to mention that this company had tape recorders hooked up to their phones. The recording machine was in a drawer where a client, who came into the office, could not see it.

          Recording a phone conversation was against the law at that time, and I refused to do it. This was just one of the reasons that I was fired. I also refused to use two different names when dealing with clients and customers.

          Comment by furtherglory — June 7, 2016 @ 7:10 am

          • I worked for a home health care agency in the mid-90’s as an administrator.
            The owners took off, owing their employees money. I lost around 5,000.00 in salary, benefits, mileage compensation, etc.

            I only got a portion of that back.

            The owners were not Jews, in fact, they were upstanding Christians who told me they were in this line of work because Jesus taught that service was Godly.

            There are dishonest people everywhere, Jews and Gentiles.

            Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 7:32 am

            • You wrote: “There are dishonest people everywhere, Jews and Gentiles.”

              That is true, but the Company that I was writing about, made it a part of the way that they did business, to deliberately cheat their customers and their employees. We were told that our salary went into an account and it would be doled out on an “as-needed” basis because the money had to be used by the company to carry on their business.

              Remember the Sopranos television series. There was a character who was called “the old Jew”. He bragged about cheating people. There was another Jewish character that had to be threatened with having his hand chopped off because he was cheating people.

              Comment by furtherglory — June 7, 2016 @ 7:44 am

              • I liked the Sopranos but I didn’t like the way it ended.
                When the screen went black I thought that something happened to my satelllite feed.

                BTW, the Sopranos was fiction but historically the Jewish and Italian mobs often collaborated very closely in the 1920’s and 1930’s. The Italians eventually took over because they were more ruthless but often used the Jews because the Jews were “good with money.”

                Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 8:01 am

                • I was a big fan of the Sopranos series, and I still am. I have watched the series many times. In fact, I am watching the second episode today.

                  Comment by furtherglory — June 7, 2016 @ 8:15 am

                • It’s been awhile but I think Amazon Prime has it included in their service. I may have to watch it again.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 8:18 am

                • Yep, it’s included on Prime.
                  I may have to watch it again.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — June 7, 2016 @ 8:20 am

  4. My grandparents were married in that church, which is now home turf for drug addicts and auslander criminals

    Comment by Schlageter — June 6, 2016 @ 9:00 am

    • You wrote: “…that church, which is now home turf for drug addicts and auslander criminals.” When I visited the church, there was a young gypsy boy who followed me around, begging for money. I asked the German visitors in the church to help me get rid of him, but they all declined. The German people no longer speak up for themselves; they just hang their heads in shame.

      Comment by furtherglory — June 6, 2016 @ 9:18 am

  5. Yet another way of the jews beating up the Germans for something they did not do, not before and obviously not by this generation. The plan is simply to never let the story fade, because there’s money to extort if you keep the story current.

    Comment by Mr B — June 6, 2016 @ 8:58 am

    • You wrote: “The plan is simply to never let the story fade, because there’s money to extort if you keep the story current.”

      I believe that you are correct. The Germans will be extorted until there is no longer an ethnic German left in Germany.

      Comment by furtherglory — June 6, 2016 @ 9:21 am


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: