Scrapbookpages Blog

July 7, 2016

how I missed the chance of a lifetime to become famous

Filed under: Dachau, Germany, Holocaust — Tags: , — furtherglory @ 9:55 am

Back in 1958, I was living in Germany because my husband was in the American Army, stationed only a few miles from Dachau. At that time, I was living in an apartment in Nuremberg where I had set up a darkroom. I was taking photos, using a Speed Graphic camera that took 4 x 5 negatives. I had my own darkroom in the apartment and I was enlarging the photos that I had taken. I wanted to set up a business, taking photos of American soldiers and their families, but the Army would not allow me to do this.

At that time, a group of American soldiers and their wives organized a trip to see the Dachau gas chamber. They were allowed to see the control room behind the gas chamber, but none of them had a camera, so no one took photos of the control room, which is now off limits to everyone. I did not go on this trip because I thought it would be too horrible to see a gas chamber where Jews had been killed.

On one of my recent visits to Dachau, I held a camera up to a window behind the alleged gas chamber room and took the photo below.

My photo of the pipes in the Dachau control room

My photo of the pipes in the Dachau control room

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that these are water pipes, not gas pipes. Why are tourists at Dachau not allowed to see the control room?

Old photo that shows the pipes in the control room

Old photo that shows the pipes in the control room at Dachau

I think that my photo shows the same pipes, that are shown in the old photo above. I think that these are water pipes, not gas pipes.

29 Comments »

  1. They’re not water pipes, they’re pipes for forcing and extracting air in/from the room. See Pressac’s article on the Dachau GC [if you can find it] and the report by the engineer Axel Will.

    Comment by The Black Rabbit of Inlé — July 9, 2016 @ 4:22 am

  2. To any sensible person yes they are water pipes to those Holohucksters trying to prove their nonsensical points about there being a gas chamber no.

    JR

    Comment by jrizoli — July 7, 2016 @ 9:59 am

    • Do I have to explain that no water piping existed? Bishop Neuhäusler (some one who claimed the gas came from the showerheads) Clearly states

      “The showers were metal traps which had *no pipelines* for a supply of poisonous gas. This gas chamber was never set in action in Dachau. Only the dead were brought to the crematorium for ‘burning’, no living for ‘gassing’.”

      As well the letter from Rascher to Himmler dated August 9, 1942. clearly shows that the claimed shower room was a gas chamber.

      “Dr. Sigmund Rascher

      Munich

      Togerstr. 56

      August 9, 1942

      Esteemed Reichsführer!

      As you know, the same installation as in Linz is to be built in Dachau. As the ‘invalid transports’ terminate in the special chambers anyway I wondered if it would be possible to test the effects of our combat gases in these chambers using the persons who are destined for those chambers anyway. The only reports which are available so far are for experiments on animals or of accidents in the manufacture of these gases.

      (signed)

      S. Rascher ”

      And from Mazal we gain the following.

      “This letter has caused considerable polemic. Having established that the large gas chamber was indeed a homicidal chamber, little other evidence, apart from Rascher’s letter, had surfaced to confirm its actual use on human beings. There is, however, a little-known book that might support the use of this gas chamber at least for experimental purposes. ”
      (Essay on the Dachau gas chambers)

      http://www.phdn.org/archives/www.mazal.org/archive/documents/Dachau-article.htm

      And quite clearly from one looking at the showerheads they are complete dummies.

      Deniers would be better off arguing the room was a gas chamber which was never used for the gassing of humans. And that it only acted as a storage for bodies, as shown in the following.

      As well the fact that a metal door is up against this “Showerroom” shows intent of keeping something in.

      Especially when uploaded liberation footage clearly shows this door is original.

      Another issue for you to explain you be the Bins Jim, as even according to a Nuremberg document their existence was noted. (2430-PS)

      “Further evidence of its design as a homicidal chamber are the two bin-like drawers leading from the gas chamber to the exterior. The only possible explanation for these bins is that they were designed to receive the granules of Zyklon-B (or some other lethal volatile poison) from a small tin. The person in charge of a homicidal gassing need only don a gas mask, open the two bins, and dump part of a small tin of Zyklon-B into each one. Having done this, the operator would close the bins, which are protected from interference from the victims by a protective grating, and wait a few minutes until all the victims were dead. At this point, the powerful mechanical extractor could be energized sending the poisonous fumes into the atmosphere, drawing fresh air through a small hatchway located above the bins. The bodies could then be moved into the mortuary chamber to await incineration in the adjoining crematory furnaces. ”

      ( http://phdn.org/archives/holocaust-history.org/dachau-gas-chambers/index.html )

      Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 8, 2016 @ 1:44 am

      • That is not a quote from 2430-PS as you claim, but a quote from Harry Mazal. You need to explain yourself on that.

        Nuremberg document 2430-PS is the film Nazi Concentration Camps and/or the transcript to the film, which states:

        This is the Brausebad — the showerbath. Inside the showerbath — the gas vents. On the ceiling — the dummy shower heads. In the engineers room — the intake and outlet pipes. Push buttons to control inflow and outtake of gas. A hand-valve to regulate pressure. Cyanide powder was used to generate the lethal smoke. From the gas chamber, the bodies were removed to the crematory.

        The bins [or flaps] were not even claimed to have been part of the gassing process before the late 60s/ early 70s. I challenge you to find ANYONE claiming the bins/flap were part of the gassing process prior to then—you won’t.

        Thanks for the laugh @ your [unattributed] C&P of photo from the Virginia Holocaust museum, showing the Dachau gas chamber exhibit which was torn down in 2015.
        http://waitmanwadebeorn.com/vhm-exhibit-renovations-2015-present/

        Comment by The Black Rabbit of Inlé — July 9, 2016 @ 4:19 am

        • I do not claim any quotes from ps-2430. Did I say this by accident?

          Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 9:42 am

        • As well there is a Nuremberg documents with its name, even FG’s website gives mention to this document speaking of the bins.

          http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/GasChamber/history01.html

          Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 9:45 am

          • You wrote: “even FG’s website gives mention to this document speaking of the bins.”

            On my website, I show a photo of the bins, which were hidden behind a wooden screen when the Americans liberated Dachau.

            I believe that the bins were added by the Americans. They were able to do that and get away with it because that section of the wall was hidden by the wooden screen.

            Comment by furtherglory — July 9, 2016 @ 10:02 am

            • I understand that, and you also believe the ceiling was lowered.

              Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 10:03 am

              • You wrote: “I understand that, and you also believe the ceiling was lowered.”

                That is correct. The ceiling of the Dachau gas chamber is 7 and 1/2 feet high. There was no such thing as a 7.5 foot ceiling in Germany at that time. The ceiling in every building was 10 foot high, including the ceiling in every German house.

                Comment by furtherglory — July 9, 2016 @ 11:22 am

                • “That is correct. The ceiling of the Dachau gas chamber is 7 and 1/2 feet high. There was no such thing as a 7.5 foot ceiling in Germany at that time. The ceiling in every building was 10 foot high, including the ceiling in every German house.”

                  So, your only proof that the roof was lowered is the fact that no other buildings in Germany had a roof that low?
                  What about the blue prints that show the room was built that way? The pictures that show that the roof at the same height four days after the US liberated the camp?

                  A lower roof doesn’t make sense in a shower room. However, it makes a great deal of sense in a gas chamber. There is no evidence that the American troops modified that room in anyway.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — July 9, 2016 @ 11:38 am

                • You wrote: “What about the blue prints that show the room was built that way? The pictures that show that the roof at the same height four days after the US liberated the camp?”

                  I wrote about that in this blog post:
                  https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/the-gas-chamber-disguised-as-a-shower-room-in-the-crematorium-at-dachau/

                  The following quote is from the blog post, cited above:
                  Begin quote
                  The Congressmen described the Dachau gas chamber in “Document No. 47 of the 79th Congress, 1st Session, Senate Report (May 15, 1945) of the Committee Requested by Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower to the Congress of the U.S. relative to Atrocities and other Conditions in Concentration Camps in Germany.” This document was entered into the Nuremberg trial proceedings as IMT Document L-159, but the Congressmen did not testify.

                  The following quote is from Document No. 47 written by the US Congressmen:

                  “The gas chamber was located in the center of a large room in the crematory building. It was built of concrete. Its dimensions were about 20 by 20 feet, and the ceiling was some 10 feet in height. In two opposite walls of the chamber were airtight doors through which condemned prisoners could be taken into the chamber for execution and removed after execution. The supply of gas into the chamber was controlled by means of two valves on one of the outer walls, and beneath the valves was a small glass-covered peephole through which the operator could watch the victims die. The gas was let into the chamber through pipes terminating in perforated brass fixtures set into the ceiling. The chamber was of size sufficient to execute probably a hundred men at one time.”

                  The problem with the Congressmen’s report is that the ceiling of the gas chamber, as seen today, is 7.6 feet high, and no “pipes terminating in perforated brass fixtures” can be seen. Are the “pipes terminating in perforated brass fixtures” hidden by a new ceiling that was added after May 1, 1945?

                  Note that the Congressmen described the ceiling of the alleged gas chamber as being 10 feet high.

                  Comment by furtherglory — July 9, 2016 @ 2:13 pm

                • Does the picture taken on May 2nd, 1945 show a ceiling 10 feet high to you?

                  Comment by Jeff K. — July 9, 2016 @ 2:29 pm

                • You wrote: “Does the picture taken on May 2nd, 1945 show a ceiling 10 feet high to you?”

                  The congressmen arrived in the town of Dachau on May 1st. The photo of them in the gas chamber was taken on May 3rd. I have the photo on my website at
                  http://www.scrapbookpages.com/dachau/GasChamberInterior.html

                  Why didn’t the Congressmen go to see the gas chamber on the day that they arrived? It was because the shower room had not yet been converted into a gas chamber. The construction to lower the ceiling had not been finished yet, so the Congressmen had to wait.

                  You can see another photo of the Congressmen in the gas chamber at http://www.scrapbookpages.com/dachau/GasChamberInterior.html

                  Comment by furtherglory — July 9, 2016 @ 2:59 pm

                • “Why didn’t the Congressmen go to see the gas chamber on the day that they arrived? It was because the shower room had not yet been converted into a gas chamber. The construction to lower the ceiling had not been finished yet, so the Congressmen had to wait.”

                  First, you’ve never provided any proof that the Americans lowered the roof.

                  Second, it probably took a couple of days to secure the camp and the surrounding area. This was still a war zone and the camp was packed with prisoners who were sick, starving and dying. The troops had to deal with that first and secure the area to minimize the risk to the Congressmen.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — July 9, 2016 @ 3:34 pm

                • You wrote: “First, you’ve never provided any proof that the Americans lowered the roof [of the gas chamber].

                  You can see, on the outside of the Dachau gas chamber building, that the top of the roof over the alleged gas chamber is more than 7.5 feet high.

                  Soldiers in the German SS were required to be at least 6 feet tall. Many of them were 6 ft.4 and 6 ft.5. Why would the Germans have built a gas chamber that was 7.5 feet high?

                  The light fixtures in the alleged gas chamber are flush against the ceiling. Does this look like German construction to you?

                  http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/GasChamber/history02.html

                  Comment by furtherglory — July 9, 2016 @ 4:06 pm

                • “You can see, on the outside of the Dachau gas chamber building, that the top of the roof over the alleged gas chamber is more than 7.5 feet high.”

                  According to the blue prints the roof in the room was always 7.5 feet.

                  “Soldiers in the German SS were required to be at least 6 feet tall. Many of them were 6 ft.4 and 6 ft.5. Why would the Germans have built a gas chamber that was 7.5 feet high?”

                  The intention was to gas subhumans, not tall SS men.
                  However, a lower roof means that it is a more efficient gas chamber.

                  “The light fixtures in the alleged gas chamber are flush against the ceiling. Does this look like German construction to you?”

                  You know, you make this argument a lot….the Germans wouldn’t do it this way, the Germans would do it better, etc. That doesn’t really work with me. That is not an effective argument primarily because Germans make mistakes just like anyone else. They are not perfect, if they were perfect then they would have won both World Wars.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — July 9, 2016 @ 4:35 pm

                • FG, that is not evidence of anything….

                  Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 12:53 pm

        • I see where you thought I was making a claim. No that was a side note.

          Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 10:41 am

  3. I doubt they are water pipes as they seem too large. However I would think they are air inlet and outlet pipes for the fumigation air removal by blasting clean air in and allowing the extraction fan(s) to do their job.

    Comment by Mr B — July 7, 2016 @ 9:59 am

    • You wrote: ” I doubt they are water pipes as they seem too large.”

      This was a very large shower room, which had many shower heads. Jews were brought in on trains and hundreds of them had to shower before being admitted to the camp.

      Comment by furtherglory — July 7, 2016 @ 10:57 am

      • How?
        The shower heads didn’t connect to anything.

        Comment by Jeff K. — July 7, 2016 @ 11:50 am

      • Bishop Neuhäusler says quite clearly no piping for this room existed FG.

        Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 8, 2016 @ 1:49 am

        • Bishop Neuhäusler also said Jesus was real.

          Comment by The Black Rabbit of Inlé — July 9, 2016 @ 4:23 am

          • “Bishop Neuhäusler also said Jesus was real.”

            Would you expect a bishop to say that Jesus WASN’T real, wabbit? I think faith in the existence of Jesus is sort of a job requirement for a bishop. After all, a bishop who doubts the existence of Jesus is probably in the wrong business. If Bishop Neuhausler said that Jesus didn’t exist, people would probably wonder why he followed the career track he did. I imagine it takes quite a bit of time and effort to become a bishop. So, to conclude, I think your statement was rather goofy.

            No offense.

            Comment by Jeff K. — July 9, 2016 @ 6:29 am

          • Yah? And guy shot 5 cops in Dallas during a blacklivesmatter protest.

            By the way I love your Rodoh thread!

            Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 9, 2016 @ 9:49 am

    • Generically, these valves are known as “gate valves.” They’re very common, and CAN be used with gasses or liquids. But these are certainly for liquids, on the basis of their heaviness (they’re very strongly built, for either high pressure, dense fluid, or both). The only application any such gate valve might have for gasses would be for very high pressures, which do not obtain in filling a chamber with gas or evacuating gas from a chamber. Gate or other valves for a gas chamber would be much lighter. The size valve used for the gas itself would be MUCH smaller.

      Comment by Jett Rucker — July 7, 2016 @ 1:42 pm

    • You are correct Mr B. They were not water pipes… Their use given by FG is completely just that of a guess.

      People like Bishop Neuhäusler state quite clearly no water or gas piping existed.

      Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 8, 2016 @ 1:47 am

      • You keep mentioning this Bishop character, Click, but was he an actual eye-witness to what went on in this facility, which as I understand, stood outside the perimeter fence where all the priests were held.

        If he was not present at the facility, then his testimony is pure hearsay, and thus his words cannot be relied upon at face value.

        Comment by Talbot — July 8, 2016 @ 5:36 am

        • ‘I don’t know Tal, maybe you could do a google search to find out background information first’

          http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/KZDachau/DachauLife3.html

          ‘You know its totally not like FG’s website even mentions him’

          If you are really that interested Tal here is the entire quote which I am using as a source.

          “Also behind the wire fence was the camp crematorium. At first it was housed in a wooden barrack, later in a stone building built by Polish Catholic priests, to whom the building trade had been taught. This crematorium was located in a small forest on the west side quite close to the camp. The prevailing wind was from the west and consequently the smell of burning corpses filled the camp, reminding of their approaching end and adding immeasurably to their despair.”

          “With the new crematorium a gas chamber was also connected. The whole construction of the crematorium with its gas chamber was completed in 1943. It contained an ‘undressing room’, a ‘shower bath’, and a ‘mortuary’. The showers were metal traps which had no pipelines for a supply of poisonous gas. This gas chamber was never set in action in Dachau. Only the dead were brought to the crematorium for ‘burning’, no living for ‘gassing’.”

          And quite clearly it says no “piping” existed.

          Comment by Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Click Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ — July 8, 2016 @ 5:44 am


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: