Scrapbookpages Blog

August 2, 2016

Aug. 2 is the day that 2,900 Roma and Sinti prisoners were killed in gas chambers at Auschwitz

Filed under: Germany, Holocaust — furtherglory @ 10:35 am

I was no more than 6 years old when I first learned about the Gypsies. [The correct term for these people is Roma and Sinti.] The word Gypsy comes from a term that was made up for them because, traditionally, the Gypsies don’t work — they gyp people.

The Gypsies were also accused of stealing children; that’s why my mother warned me to beware of Gypsies.

Years ago, when I went on a tour that was led by a Jewish tour guide, I was warned to wear my backpack in the front, so that Gypsy fingers would not find their way into my backpack.

The poor innocent Gypsies were Holocausted by the Nazis, for no reason at all, the same as the Jews.

The following quote is from my website:

At the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp, a “Gypsy family camp” was set up in wooden barracks in Section BIIe in the camp in February 1943. According to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, the Gypsy camp was in existence for only seventeen months and most of the Gypsies perished. The famous Dr. Mengele was in charge of the Gypsy camp; he was the one who allegedly sent the Gypsies to their death in the gas chambers.

The following quote is from the web site of the USHMM:

In a decree dated December 16, 1942, Himmler ordered the deportation of Gypsies and part-Gypsies to Auschwitz-Birkenau. At least 23,000 Gypsies were brought there, the first group arriving from Germany in February 1943. Most of the Gypsies at Auschwitz-Birkenau came from Germany or territories annexed to the Reich including Bohemia and Moravia. Police also deported small numbers of Gypsies from Poland, Hungary, Yugoslavia, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Norway.

[The two states of Bohemia and Moravia, which are now in the Czech Republic, were part of a German Protectorate from 1938 to 1945; they were not annexed into the Greater German Reich.]

The following quote about the gassing of the Gypsies is from the web site of the USHMM:

They (the Gypsies) were killed by gassing or died from starvation, exhaustion from hard labor, and disease (including typhus, smallpox, and the rare, leprosy-like condition called Noma.) Others, including many children, died as the result of cruel medical experiments performed by Dr. Josef Mengele and other SS physicians. The Gypsy camp was liquidated on the night of August 2-3, 1944, when 2,897 Sinti and Roma men, women, and children were killed in the gas chamber. Some 1,400 surviving men and women were transferred to Buchenwald and Ravensbrück concentration camps for forced labor.

According to a guidebook sold by the Auschwitz Museum, there were 20,943 Roma (Gypsies) who were gassed in the Krema V gas chamber; their bodies were burned in the pits adjacent to Krema V.

Rudolf Hoess wrote in his autobiography, entitled “Death Dealer,” that many of the Gypsy children suffered from an illness called “Noma,” which reminded him of leprosy.

The photo below, taken after the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau, shows Gypsy children who had Noma.

Gypsy children suffering from an illness called Noma

According to Rudolf Hoess, Heinrich Himmler inspected the Gypsy camp on his visit in July 1942.

Hoess wrote in his autobiography entitled “Death Dealer”:

Himmler inspected everything thoroughly. He saw the over-crowded barracks, the inadequate hygienic conditions, the overflowing infirmaries and the sick in the isolation ward. […] Himmler saw everything in detail, as it really was. Then he ordered me to gas them. Those who were still able to work were to be selected, just as with the Jews.

In his date book, Heinrich Himmler noted that, on his visit to Auschwitz in July 1942, he inspected the main camp, the farm at Auschwitz and the Monowitz factories, where photographs were taken of him. He did not mention that he visited Birkenau.

Danuta Czech wrote in her book entitled “Kalendarium” that 1408 Gypsies who were able to work were transferred to the main Auschwitz camp and housed in Blocks 10 and 11 on May 23, 1944. They were later sent to the Buchenwald concentration camp, where there is a memorial sculpture in commemoration of the Roma.

The selection of the Gypsies for the gas chamber took two years, according to Commandant Rudolf Hoess. Regarding the liquidation of the Gypsy Family Camp on August 2, 1944, Hoess wrote the following:

By August 1944 there were only about four thousand Gypsies left and these had to go into the gas chambers. Until that time they did not know what fate was in store for them. Only as they were marched barrack after barrack to Crematory I did they figure out what was going on.

When Hoess wrote that the Gypsies were marched to Crematory 1, he was undoubtedly referring to Krema II, which was a short distance from the Gypsy camp. Crematory 1, or Krema I in German, was in the main Auschwitz camp, three kilometers from Birkenau. By August 1944, Krema I was no longer in operation as a gas chamber.

Both the USHMM and the Auschwitz Museum say that the number of Gypsies gassed on August 2, 1942 was 2,897, not “four thousand” as Hoess stated. However, according to this article, the number of 4,000 given by Hoess might actually be closer to the correct number of Gypsies who were gassed.

Regarding the gassing of the Gypsies, Dr. Miklos Nyiszli wrote the following:

Annihilation time had come for the 4,500 inhabitants of the Gypsy Camp. The measures taken were the same as those taken for the liquidation of the Czech Camp. All the barracks were quarantined. SS guards, leading their police dogs, invaded the Gypsy quarters and chased the inhabitants outside, where they were made to line up. Rations of bread and salami were distributed. The gypsies were made to believe that they were being shipped to another camp, and they swallowed the story. A very easy and efficacious way of calming their fears. No one thought of the crematoriums, for then why would rations of food have been distributed?

This strategy on the part of the SS was dictated neither by pity nor a regard for those condemned to death, but merely by their desire to expedite a large group of people, without any unnecessary incidents or delays, to the gas chambers, guarded by a relatively small patrol. The strategy worked to perfection. Everything went off as planned. Throughout the night the chimneys of number one and two crematoriums sent flames roaring skyward, so that the entire camp was lighted with a sinister glow.

If Dr. Nyiszli’s story is correct, the method of calming the fears of the Gypsies amounted to a tremendous waste of bread and salami. Or was the “salami” actually what Americans call Thuringer, a type of smoked, semi-dry German sausage similar to our summer sausage? It is doubtful that the Nazis imported salami for the Auschwitz prisoners.

Note that Dr. Nyiszli, who worked in the “crematoriums” performing autopsies for Dr. Josef Mengele, referred to “number one and two crematoriums” but he obviously meant Krema II and Krema III at Birkenau, not Krema I, which was at the main camp.

A group of Gypsies waiting to be gassed at Belzec death camp

The photo above shows a group of Gypsies at the Belzec death camp in Poland. Belzec was one of the three Operation Reinhard camps; it was the first camp to begin the gassing of Jews and Gypsies in March 1942.

The total number of Gypsies allegedly killed in the Holocaust is unknown. Numbers vary, from 220,00 estimated by the USHMM, to an estimated 500,000.

25 Comments »

  1. Carlo Mattogno on the gassing of the Gypsies – http://codoh.com/library/document/1488/

    Furtherglory – there is a 2001 movie about Miklos Nyiszli called The Grey Zone. Is that the film you are referring to ?

    Comment by Les — August 2, 2016 @ 1:45 pm

  2. Regarding the gassing of the Gypsies, Dr. Miklos Nyiszli wrote the following:

    “Throughout the night the chimneys of number one and two crematoriums sent flames roaring skyward, so that the entire camp was lighted with a sinister glow. ”

    When I was growing up as a child, we had an open coal-fire in the front room, and on rare occasions the heat and flames were intense enough that the inside of the chimney caught fire, and a small flame, smoke and burnt detritus could be seen coming out of the stack up on top the roof.

    Now this situation was always regarded as an emergency; the coal-fire itself was dowsed, and the adults kept an eye on the chimney stack, hoping that the fire inside would extinguish itself, but if not, then the jolly old hose-squirters with their big red engines were summoned to carry out the necessary procedures to ensure that the fire was put out before the fire spread, or that any critical damage was done to the chimney itself.

    But according to the good doctor Nyiszli, it would appear that when the giant chimney stacks at Birkenau caught fire, and huge flames were seen to be roaring skyward – this was not regarded by the crematorium operators or the camp administration as being anything to be concerned about.

    Strange.

    Comment by Talbot — August 2, 2016 @ 12:39 pm

  3. Nobody was gassed at Belzec, or anywhere else, Gypsy, Jew or otherwise.

    Comment by Jett Rucker — August 2, 2016 @ 11:54 am

    • It’s really too bad that you have no proof where the Jews went if they didn’t die at Belzec.

      That would help deniers out immensely.

      Too bad all those mass graves sorta cancels the whole “transit camp” theory.

      Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 12:35 pm

      • Well, we do know where the Jews went – because you yourself kindly submitted a translation of the Korherr Report which states quite clearly that they were evacuated through transit camps in the Warthegau and General Government and then on into the Russian East.

        All that’s left now, is for you to write to that nice Mr Putin in the Kremlin – asking him two questions;-

        1) Are you prepared to open all the Soviet archives dating from WW2, so that independent researchers, historians and scholars can find the actual destinations of these Jews.

        2) Have any crucial documents from that period been destroyed.

        Comment by Talbot — August 2, 2016 @ 12:58 pm

        • “Well, we do know where the Jews went – because you yourself kindly submitted a translation of the Korherr Report which states quite clearly that they were evacuated through transit camps in the Warthegau and General Government and then on into the Russian East.”

          The wording on that report was changed at Himmler’s request, from “special action” to “transit.”

          As I showed you, so, unfortunately, you are wrong.

          Korherr’s Report also mentioned the absence of 4 million Jews.

          “All that’s left now, is for you to write to that nice Mr Putin in the Kremlin – asking him two questions;-”

          Again, you failed to pay attention.

          Deniers like Mattogono, Graf and Irving all went through the archives and found nothing to indicate large numbers of Jews “transited” to the Soviet Union.

          Denier fail once again.

          Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 1:06 pm

          • What does “special action” mean. Unless the activity is openly specified, then we are just left to speculate what action is being undertaken. It could be just another expression for evacuating, transiting, sifting or deporting for all we know.

            And I’m quite certain that Mattogno, Graff and Irving had not sufficient time or resources to go through the immense archive of material that would cover the events of WW2. And even then, the kind of information that the revisionists are searching for, would be dynamite for Russia, Poland and modern Germany ,and thus the custodians of this material would be unlikely to allow them to study and copy the information.

            Comment by Talbot — August 2, 2016 @ 1:50 pm

            • “What does “special action” mean. Unless the activity is openly specified, then we are just left to speculate what action is being undertaken. It could be just another expression for evacuating, transiting, sifting or deporting for all we know.”

              Then why not say that? Why make the author change the wording?
              You are reaching, Talbot. What we have is no evidence of deportation but the evidence of mass graves at the site. Until/unless we actually have proof of deportation the fact that we have these graves means this was an extermination, not a transit, camp.

              “And I’m quite certain”

              Translation, no actual proof.

              “that Mattogno, Graff and Irving had not sufficient time or resources to go through the immense archive of material that would cover the events of WW2.”

              Mattogono now lives in Russia and is employed as an interpreter. I’d say he has plenty of time.

              “And even then, the kind of information that the revisionists are searching for, would be dynamite for Russia, Poland and modern Germany”

              Why?

              “and thus the custodians of this material would be unlikely to allow them to study and copy the information.”

              But, they did, Talbot. That’s the whole point. They were allowed to study this information.

              Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 2:15 pm

            • Talbot wrote: “And I’m quite certain that Mattogno, Graff and Irving had not sufficient time or resources to go through the immense archive of material that would cover the events of WW2.”

              It’s said that a single Soviet bomb destroyed the entire paper trail about deportations to (and from) Sobibor. Knowing this, can you imagine how easy it would have been for the Soviets to make disappear whole sections of inconvenient German papers contradicting their own Great Patriotic War & post-war territorial grabbing Holohoax atrocity propaganda? I doubt they would have missed such an opportunity.

              Comment by hermie — August 2, 2016 @ 3:33 pm

              • “It’s said that a single Soviet bomb destroyed the entire paper trail about deportations to (and from) Sobibor.”

                Who said?

                What difference would that make? Why would every piece of evidence be stored on-site? Railway schedules would be coordinated between Berlin, locals in Poland and through the military. Bombing Belzec would only elimate (possibly) what was stored there, not other copies.

                “Knowing this, can you imagine how easy it would have been for the Soviets to make disappear whole sections of inconvenient German papers contradicting their own Great Patriotic War & post-war territorial grabbing Holohoax atrocity propaganda? I doubt they would have missed such an opportunity.”

                No proof, as always.

                At least you aren’t blithering on about “Rudenko’s Camps.”

                Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 3:53 pm

                • You wrote: “At least you aren’t blithering on about “Rudenko’s Camps.”

                  I think you mean blathering on. Blather is one of my favorite words. I hate it when people “blather on.”

                  Comment by furtherglory — August 2, 2016 @ 4:39 pm

                • I use blither or blather.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 4:42 pm

                • Going back to the Korherr Report and the alleged written directive from Himmler informing SS statistical officer Korrherr to change the wording of the original report.

                  Before we can accept this directive at face value, we have to ask some serious questions. It claims there were two copies made. Well – one has to ask where these two copies are housed today. I myself have only seen a transcript in German, and read its translation into English. But the German version that that I witnessed was not even a photocopy of one of the original copies. It has no official stamp on it, let alone Himmler’s signature.

                  Until we receive definitive proof that there really was an official directive issued by Himmler, I think we are quite within our rights to accept the wording of the Korherr Report as it is presented and translated.

                  Comment by Talbot — August 2, 2016 @ 5:10 pm

                • “Going back to the Korherr Report and the alleged written directive from Himmler informing SS statistical officer Korrherr to change the wording of the original report.”

                  Aaaawwww, I’m disappointed. I was hoping you would explain to me why it was in Poland and Russia’s best interest to suppress information about alleged transports of Jews to the East. But, OK.

                  “Before we can accept this directive at face value, we have to ask some serious questions. It claims there were two copies made. Well – one has to ask where these two copies are housed today. I myself have only seen a transcript in German, and read its translation into English. But the German version that that I witnessed was not even a photocopy of one of the original copies. It has no official stamp on it, let alone Himmler’s signature.

                  Until we receive definitive proof that there really was an official directive issued by Himmler, I think we are quite within our rights to accept the wording of the Korherr Report as it is presented and translated.”

                  Sure, you are within your rights to believe whatever you wish.
                  Naturally you should thank me for bringing this to your attention.

                  However, because you have no evidence of Jewish “settlements” in the East we still have a denier fail.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 6:05 pm

                • Jeff wrote: “Who said?”

                  The orthodox/exterminationist narrative does.

                  That was for Belzec, not Sobibor as I erroneously said in my previous comment.

                  Examples:

                  “the old railway station in Belzec. All transports with Jews deported to the death camp arrived at this station. Documentation about the transports, notably the transfer telegrams, was also kept in this building,. In July 1944, two weeks before the Soviet army entered Belzec, the railway station was bombed by a single Soviet airplane. A German transport loaded with ammunition was standing in the station and was destroyed. Because of the exploding ammunition, all structures within a radius of about 250 m., including the building of railway station, were completely demolished. It was at this time that the original documentation about the transports was lost. ” (http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/ar/belzec/belzecptgs.html)

                  “The railway documents were all destroyed on July 4 1944, when a lone Russian bomber dropped one solitary bomb over Belzec which just happened to hit an ammunition train standing in the station. The Belzec railway station was completely destroyed together with all the records.” (http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/belzec/bel002.html)

                  “Immediately after the war, the various commissions investigating the number of victims murdered in the death camps could only estimate the numbers, which were based on an average of 100 persons to each wagon. If, for example, we take the Kolomyja transport of September 10,1942, we know that 51 freight wagons were made available and that 8,205 victims were counted-off, with so many to a wagon an average of 165. The Bill of Lading says just this, which is corroborated by the security personnel who loaded and escorted the train from Kolomyja to Belzec. The original reports submitted by the escorting security personnel of the Kolomyja transport have survived for scrutiny Even so, apart from this written evidence, we have no other documentation from the railway authorities to verify or corroborate this. To add to the difficulties for any analysis, Belzec railway station was blown up and all records destroyed in July 1944, when a lone Soviet aircraft dropped a single bomb on an ammunition train parked in the railway sidings.” (http://www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/belzec1/bel160.html)

                  “The destruction of the railway station may well be the reason why no railroad documentation of the transports to Belzec has apparently survived.” (The Belzec Death Camp: History, Biographies, Remembrance, p.205, by Chris Webb)

                  Jeff wrote: “What difference would that make? Why would every piece of evidence be stored on-site? Railway schedules would be coordinated between Berlin, locals in Poland and through the military. Bombing Belzec would only elimate (possibly) what was stored there, not other copies.”

                  Apparently, everything was kept, centralized there.

                  Jeff wrote: “No proof, as always.”

                  It seems that we have here somebody who needs to look for the respective definitions of the words “would” and “did.”😉

                  Comment by hermie — August 3, 2016 @ 8:17 am

              • You maybe right there, Hermie – whatever documentation that ever existed regarding deportations into the Soviet union were likely destroyed or hidden away in some top secret archive, never to see the light of day. The Soviets back then – and Russian governments today – are never going to allow this sort of information to enter the public domain. The political and international ramifications would be immense. The victors of WW2 – as well as International Jewry – carefully manufactured the extermination myth for their own sordid purposes, and of course, its imperative that they maintain this massive lie even today.

                However, that’s not to say that searches through the Soviet archives might all be in vain. There could be indirect documentary evidence that an astute researcher who had the access and the time to go through the records might be able to assemble and make a case for revision. Massive job, though, for anyone…

                Comment by Talbot — August 2, 2016 @ 6:20 pm

                • “You maybe right there, Hermie”

                  Key word:
                  “May” as in has no proof.

                  “– whatever documentation that ever existed regarding deportations into the Soviet union were likely destroyed or hidden away in some top secret archive, never to see the light of day.”

                  How convenient:
                  No denier ever has to prove anything because they can just say “the Soviets destroyed the pertinent information, neener neener.”

                  “The Soviets back then – and Russian governments today – are never going to allow this sort of information to enter the public domain. The political and international ramifications would be immense.”

                  Why?

                  “The victors of WW2 – as well as International Jewry – carefully manufactured the extermination myth for their own sordid purposes, and of course, its imperative that they maintain this massive lie even today.”

                  Why would they manufacture anything?

                  “However, that’s not to say that searches through the Soviet archives might all be in vain. There could be indirect documentary evidence that an astute researcher who had the access and the time to go through the records might be able to assemble and make a case for revision. Massive job, though, for anyone…”

                  Again, how convenient.

                  Those archives have been open for almost 25 years.

                  Comment by Jeff K. — August 2, 2016 @ 6:51 pm

                • Talbot wrote: “You maybe right there, Hermie – whatever documentation that ever existed regarding deportations into the Soviet union were likely destroyed or hidden away in some top secret archive, never to see the light of day. The Soviets back then – and Russian governments today – are never going to allow this sort of information to enter the public domain. The political and international ramifications would be immense. The victors of WW2 – as well as International Jewry – carefully manufactured the extermination myth for their own sordid purposes, and of course, its imperative that they maintain this massive lie even today. ”

                  True. The stakes are so huge. As far as I’m concerned, I don’t expect too much from any WW2 archives to be declassified in the future. State shredders wouldn’t let much out. Seems obvious.

                  Talbot wrote: “However, that’s not to say that searches through the Soviet archives might all be in vain. There could be indirect documentary evidence that an astute researcher who had the access and the time to go through the records might be able to assemble and make a case for revision. Massive job, though, for anyone…”

                  I agree on that. Worthwhile to give it a try.

                  Jeff wrote: “How convenient: No denier ever has to prove anything because they can just say “the Soviets destroyed the pertinent information, neener neener.””

                  Isn’t this – i.e. the Nazis detsroyed all evidence of their crimes – precisely what Holohoaxsters claim on and on in order to justify the lack of documentary and physical evidence for the ‘Holocaust’? Don’t you like the taste of the exterminationist medicine, Jeff?😉

                  Comment by hermie — August 3, 2016 @ 6:34 pm

      • You wrote: “you have no proof where the Jews went if they didn’t die at Belzec.”

        I wrote about Belzec several times:
        https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/tag/belzec/

        Comment by furtherglory — August 2, 2016 @ 1:14 pm

    • You wrote: “Nobody was gassed at Belzec, or anywhere else, Gypsy, Jew or otherwise.”

      I have detected that you are a very smart person. Just because you are smart enough to figure out that no one was gassed at Belzec, that doesn’t mean that other people can figure this out.

      Comment by furtherglory — August 2, 2016 @ 1:18 pm

  4. Had Hitler really got to work on the gypsies he would have done us all a favour. The gypos in France, Ireland and Uk are a complete waste of space.

    Comment by Mr B — August 2, 2016 @ 11:12 am

  5. Couldn’t have happened. THERE WERE NO GAS CHAMBERS, no proof of them. People who died of starvation did so at the end of the war. No way would an employer want his workers to die. BOGUS accusation …. AGAIN! So, show us ONE forensically proven victim who died of designed gassing. Not hearsay, not bogus testimony, but a forensic report and body to prove it.

    Comment by Diane King — August 2, 2016 @ 11:07 am


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: