Scrapbookpages Blog

May 28, 2017

How the Holocaust started — the Dachau gas chamber

Filed under: Dachau, Holocaust, Uncategorized — furtherglory @ 3:11 pm

On April 29, 1945, the day that Dachau was liberated, the soldiers of the 42nd Division arrived at the Dachau gatehouse with the “Arbeit Macht Frei” sign, then walked north to the crematorium area which was outside the Dachau prison compound.

The first thing that the soldiers saw was the piles of clothing outside this building, waiting to be deloused. In this same building, the soldiers saw the crematory ovens at the north end and what they thought was a homicidal gas chamber in the center.

When the soldiers of the 45th Thunderbird Division of the US Seventh Army arrived separately on the same day, they entered the camp complex through a railroad gate at the southwest corner of the SS Training Center and approached the new crematorium from the west side.

On the branch railroad line that ran to the SS camp at that time, the American soldiers first saw an abandoned train with bodies of dead prisoners, before coming upon this building; they then proceeded south to the gatehouse entrance into the prison compound.

The photograph below shows three of the disinfection gas chamber doors on the outside of the building. These doors are as wide as the rooms, to provide plenty of ventilation; the manufacturer of the Zyklon-B pellets recommended that the rooms be aired out for 20 hours after gassing the clothing. The American soldiers thought that these small rooms were the homicidal gas chambers, which had already been reported in American newspapers.

Disinfection chambers for clothing at Dachau concentration camp

 The door into the alleged homicidal gas chamber at Dachau is shown in the photo below. The sign over the door says “Brausebad” which means shower bath. Showers in American homes were not common back then and the American soldiers did not know the meaning of the word Brausebad.

My photo of the door into the alleged Dachau gas chamber

My photo above shows the alleged gas chamber at Dachau

From this humble beginning, the story spread to include claims that there were gas chambers in all the Nazi concentration camps.

The Holocaust is the story of the gassing of the Jews.

39 Comments »

  1. “The photograph below shows three of the disinfection gas chamber doors on the outside of the building. These doors are as wide as the rooms, to provide plenty of ventilation; the manufacturer of the Zyklon-B pellets recommended that the rooms be aired out for 20 hours after gassing the clothing.”

    The photograph in your story is of the delousing room doors. Those delousing rooms at Dachau had Degesch machines with blowers that cleared out those little rooms after fumigating clothes in minutes.

    The 20 hours you are probably referring to is the minimum aeration time for a building w/o forced ventilation.

    Since you are obviously aware of the delousing of ordinary rooms and buildings, it is a puzzle why you keep bringing up the Jefferson City execution gas chamber’s high smokestack. By this strange logic of yours, one could not kill lice in ordinary rooms and buildings w/o a smokestack in them. Do you not see this falsification of your mistaken belief? If someone were in an ordinary room during a delousing, that person would be as dead as lice and their eggs in that room. And from a lower amount and more quickly. And the room could be aired out as with any delousing airing.

    Comment by blake121666 — May 29, 2017 @ 7:30 pm

    • You wrote: “By this strange logic of yours, one could not kill lice in ordinary rooms and buildings w/o a smokestack in them. Do you not see this falsification of your mistaken belief?”

      When I first put up my website in 1998, there were few websites in existence. Every Holocaust website, in 1998, mentioned that prisoners were killed in the delousing chambers. I was the first person to point out that these “gas chambers” were used to kill lice in the clothing.

      When I visited Dachau for the first time in 1998, tourists were told that Jews were killed in the disinfection chambers. When my website went up in 1998, I received e-mail from several Jews who told me that I was wrong and that the disinfection chambers had been used to kill Jews.
      http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/GasChamber/disinfection01.html

      Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 10:13 am

      • The claim that persons were killed in delousing chambers was refuted shortly after the war. If tourists were told that in 1998, it was from some passing prankster or something!

        The claim that the room with “Brausebad” written above one of its doors was an experimental gas chamber has been, and still is, made; but the delousing chambers have not been claimed to have been used to gas people for at least my lifetime (50 years).

        I went to Dachau in Spring of 1983, and not even the Brausebad room was claimed to have been a functioning gas chamber at that time (although it has reverted to being said to have been so nowadays). The delousing chambers were presented as just that – and nothing else. It is blatantly obvious that that is what they were; although I can see how one can imagine otherwise.

        Those are delousing chambers, btw – not disinfection chambers. HCN has no disinfectant properties. A “disinfection chamber” would be something such as a Lysol bath or something. HCN kills macroscopic animals but not microscopic ones.

        You are encouraging and adding to people’s confusion with these sorts of claims you are making. I don’t see these claims helping either side of the Holocaustian/Revisionist debate – just spreading ignorance and confusion.

        Comment by blake121666 — May 30, 2017 @ 2:41 pm

        • You wrote: “You are encouraging and adding to people’s confusion with these sorts of claims you are making. I don’t see these claims helping either side of the Holocaustian/Revisionist debate – just spreading ignorance and confusion.”

          I am telling both sides of the story — something that I was taught to do in Journalism classes at the University of Missouri, which had the first Journalism school in the world.

          Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 2:55 pm

          • You are claiming that you were told in Dachau in 1998 that the Germans gassed people in the delousing room (with the implication that this person who told you this is affiliated with valid historical consensus). What “side” of the story is this, a delusional side where you imagined being told this in 1998? If you preface these claims with something like “I mistakenly recall being told this; but that hasn’t thought to have been the case since shortly after the war”, then THAT “side” would at least be something sensible. You misconstrue things in your faulty recollections – on this matter and others (e.g. your Majdanek claims).

            You imagine that Zyklon fumigations must occur in a room with a high smokestack – even though they occurred in ordinary rooms – at least 100s of thousands of times during the war.

            You confuse the aeration time of a building with that of a small closet-sized room with a blower in it (and stacks out the roof) and claim (or at least imply) that those rooms were recommended to be aerated for 20 hours – when in practice they were force-ventilated after a delousing for about 5 minutes.

            You confuse disinfection with disinfestation. This is common, even by persons at the time who mean otherwise; but it doesn’t help to continue the confusing semantics. No doubt people think “disinfection” when you say “disinfection” – even though you MEAN “disinfestation”. You are probably even confused on this yourself – even though it is a trivial matter to look into and get right.

            You’ve researched these things enough to not continually throw out things that you’ve been told are not true; and yet you think this is “telling both sides”? This is not “both sides” You are giving a “third side”: your mistaken and confused interpretations.

            Comment by blake121666 — May 30, 2017 @ 3:21 pm

            • You wrote: “You are claiming that you were told in Dachau in 1998 that the Germans gassed people in the delousing room”

              There was no “delousing room” anywhere. I was not told that Jews were killed in a delousing room at Dachau. There were delousing chambers at Dachau, which were small rooms where the clothing of the prisoners was deloused.

              When American soldiers arrived to liberate Dachau, they were told that these small delousing rooms were used to gas the Jews. I wrote about this at

              https://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/GasChamber/disinfection01.html

              Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 4:16 pm

              • This is what you said above.

                “When I visited Dachau for the first time in 1998, tourists were told that Jews were killed in the disinfection chambers”

                1. The delousing chambers were not “disinfection chambers”.
                2. The room with the “Brausebad” written above its door is not claimed to have been a “disinfection chamber”.
                3. Those claimed to have been experimentally gassed in that “Brausebad” room are not claimed to have been particularly Jews.

                Comment by blake121666 — May 30, 2017 @ 4:46 pm

                • You wrote: “The delousing chambers were not “disinfection chambers”.”

                  I wrote about the disinfection chambers on my website at
                  http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/KZDachau/DachauLife01F.html

                  You wrote: “The room with the “Brausebad” written above its door is not claimed to have been a “disinfection chamber”.

                  I wrote about these chambers on my website at
                  http://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/KZDachau/DachauLife01F.html

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 6:17 pm

                • You wrote: “The room with the “Brausebad” written above its door is not claimed to have been a “disinfection chamber”.”

                  That is correct. The room with the Brasebad sign above the door was a shower room. The word Brausebad is the German word for shower room. The American liberators of Dachau claimed that the shower room was a gas chamber. There were some claims by the Americans that either water or gas could come out of the shower heads. The switch to change from water to gas was in a control booth behind the room. No one is ever allowed to see that room.

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 6:27 pm

                • You wrote: “The delousing chambers were not “disinfection chambers”.

                  If the delousing chambers were not disinfection chambers, what were they? These were very small rooms with no running water. What do you think that these chambers were used for? Were they small gas chambers?

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 6:33 pm

        • Blake121666 wrote: “You are encouraging and adding to people’s confusion with these sorts of claims you are making. I don’t see these claims helping either side of the Holocaustian/Revisionist debate – just spreading ignorance and confusion.”

          Furtherglory is very eager to ‘prove’ that US governments are not liars and were deceived instead of deceivers at Dachau. Hence her insistence on the assertion that the Dachau delousing chambers were mistaken for homicidal gas chambers by the US army. Better to be an honest fool than a cunning liar, it seems…

          Comment by hermie — May 31, 2017 @ 1:51 am

    • I know that you love Jews and that you think that the Jews are the most wonderful people in the world — they are God’s chosen people — and superior to all others.

      If the Jews are so wonderful, why have they been hated, the world over, since the beginning of time?
      Why have the Jews been chased out of every country in the world, except the USA?

      Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 6:45 pm

  2. There was a co-ordinated effort involving the U.S. Dept. of Psychological Warfare SHAEF’s Brigidier Generals C.D. Jackson and William S. Paley with Sir Robert Bruce Lockhart of Britain’s Political Warfare Executive to concoct evidence at the end of the war to substantiate the rumors the PWE had been circulating that the Germans were exterminating concentration camp prisoners in homicidal gas chambers.

    Britain’s Rumour Factory – a new essay on the origins of the gas chamber story

    In the essay below, published to mark the 88th birthday of the pioneering French revisionist researcher and author Professor Robert Faurisson, Andy Ritchie exposes the origins of the gas chamber story. After a detailed examination of documentary evidence, he concludes that the British wartime agencies PWE and SOE “certainly did invent stories about homicidal gassings – the inventions were circulated long before any such gassings are now alleged to have taken place”. http://efp.org.uk/britains-rumour-factory-a-new-essay-on-the-origins-of-the-gas-chamber-story/

    Comment by who dares wings — May 28, 2017 @ 4:38 pm

    • Who dares wings wrote: “There was a co-ordinated effort… ”

      Of course, there was. I find furtherglory’s stubborn refusal to believe that her beloved government could deliberately try to deceive her and the rest of the world, very cute. Beautiful patriotism. But a very naive attitude if I’m asked. The U.S. “Oops. No weapons of mass destruction. Sorry for that one. Intelligence blunder.” comic trick again and again…

      Comment by hermie — May 28, 2017 @ 5:51 pm

      • I still have lingering daughts as to the original intention of the so-called ‘Brausebad’ ever since I first saw and inspected it in June 1946. To start with, there was a bath house for inmates [this is now station 6 for visitors] which they were able to use once a week or immediately after their arrival once their hair was cut, de-loused and clean inmate clothing issued.

        The sign ‘Brausebad’ was printed (stenciled) over the entrance probably on instruction by one of an American propaganda machinery. The question to be answered is: What prisoner could possibly believe that sign over the entrance to another shower, while he just had one? Furthermore, an heavy iron entrance door that could not be opened from the inside and its rubber sealings around it, means an hermetically airtight room – this room was meant for homicidal use only, but NEVER used.

        Comment by Herbert Stolpmann — May 29, 2017 @ 2:03 am

        • Was a single shower room regarded as insufficient? Was the use of the same room for the showering of inmates and newcomers regarded as inadequate and sanitarily too dangerous? Was an hermetically airtight room built as an air raid shelter? (Or in other words, was that room rather a shower room (or a morgue, or something else) and an air raid shelter never used as an air raid shelter than “a gas chamber never used as a gas chamber” as claimed?) I don’t know. But I know that there were lots of possible reasons other than an unused gas chamber for such a room.

          Moreover, the comical gassing procedure depicted by the US army in 1945 has now been dropped by everybody, and the US film-makers ‘documenting’ the place at that time filmed everything except the devices for introducing poison gas into that room (I’m of course talking about the alleged Zyklon-B chutes on the wall), i.e. various sorts of unrelated grids and pipes EXCEPT the most important device to document in a gas chamber. Both facts unambiguously show that the US army crucially needed to find a gas chamber there for its own propaganda needs (whatever the lies and absurdities required for that) and that the devices for introducing Zyklon B into that room were not even there in 1945. Both facts point rather in the direction of a US atrocity propaganda lie than in the direction of a German gas chamber never used as a gas chamber. Occams’ razor…

          Comment by hermie — May 29, 2017 @ 6:13 am

          • You wrote: “the US army crucially needed to find a gas chamber there for its own propaganda needs (whatever the lies and absurdities required for that) and that the devices for introducing Zyklon B into that room were not even there in 1945. Both facts point rather in the direction of a US atrocity propaganda lie than in the direction of a German gas chamber never used as a gas chamber.”

            I was 12 years old when the Americans found the Dachau “gas chamber” which was really a shower room. As soon as I saw a newspaper photo of the Dachau “gas chamber”, I knew that it was not a gas chamber because I had seen a real gas chamber in Jefferson City, MO which was 30 miles from my house. When I first heard the gas chamber story, I thought that the Jews were being gassed two at a time, as was done in the gas chamber in Jefferson City.

            Comment by furtherglory — May 29, 2017 @ 6:31 am

          • You wrote: “the US army crucially needed to find a gas chamber there for its own propaganda needs””

            The Dachau gas chamber was already known, BEFORE the Americans found it. I had heard about the gassing of the Jews when I was in the fourth grade.

            When the American soldiers arrived at Dachau, they literally said “Take us to the gas chamber” which they believed was disguised as a shower room. I was one of the very few people at that time who had actually seen a gas chamber. I thought that the Jews were being gassed two at a time, like criminals were gassed in the Jefferson City gas chamber.

            Comment by furtherglory — May 29, 2017 @ 6:41 am

            • Furtherglory wrote: “The Dachau gas chamber was already known, BEFORE the Americans found it. I had heard about the gassing of the Jews when I was in the fourth grade.”

              The Dachau gas chamber? The Nazi gas chambers? Or the extermination of the Jews? The 3 lies came at different times, with different propaganda food.


              “Where are the gas chambers?”
              (Liberation of Buchenwald, by French cartoonist Chard)

              Comment by hermie — May 29, 2017 @ 7:50 am

        • Why would a room be made for “homicidal use” and NOT used?
          Also When you can show me how a homicidal gas chamber worked and show me a body that was killed in one ( name date etc) then I will be a believer.
          That’s all you have now is survivor liars who contradict each other, NO pictures and NO bodies. Nothing relating to the mass killings.
          Now I’m no forensics specialist and no lawyer, but if this was presented in a court of law to evaluate for changes of homicidal killings the case would be thrown out for lack of evidence the first day. In regards to survivor testimony, real bonafide scientific facts would be taken over so called “witness” testimony any day.

          The mass killings is a farce and the Jews are trying like crazy to keep their fairy tale going but the internet is coming against them and pushing their story to the trash bin of forgotten lies.
          Any person who wants to know the truth will sift through all the lies and find the truth but it takes a little time to do it, and those that see the light now will have to take on the wrath of the Jews for doing so. The Jews don’t make it easy for Revisionist to survive financially in this world, and that is why you don’t see a lot of revisionist truthers reporting their findings. There is no other topic in the world that I know of that will get you fired from your job as there is “Holocaust Denial” and just think it’s happening because WE are saying less Jews died.
          Go figure!

          Jim Rizoli
          Holocausthandbooks.com
          CCFIILE.COM
          CODOH.COM
          IHR.ORG
          VHO.ORG

          Comment by Jim Rizoli — May 29, 2017 @ 7:53 am

          • Jim Rizoli wrote: “Why would a room be made for “homicidal use” and NOT used?”

            According to Simon Wiesenthal and others, it was not used because never completed.

            ” Neither in Dachau nor in Bergen-Belsen nor in Buchenwald were Jews or other prisoners gassed. The gas chamber in Dachau was never entirely finished or put “into operation.” ” – Dr Broszat, Institute for Contemporary History (Institut für Zeitgeschichte), newspaper “Die Zeit”, August 19, 1960.

            It was said that the prisoners employed to construct it either sabotaged it or refused to work on it.

            But now that the Dachau gas chamber has been resurrected for damage control purposes (because the guardians of the Holocult have finally realized that the Auschwitz gassings were in fact as proved as the Dachau gassings, with the exact same type of ‘evidence’), the academic twhistorians should be required to explain how the SS could “murder individual prisoners and small groups” with poison gas in a gas chamber that was never completed.

            Comment by hermie — May 29, 2017 @ 8:35 am

            • You wrote: “According to Simon Wiesenthal and others, it was not used because never completed.”

              Every word that Simon Wiesenthal wrote is totally wrong.

              Comment by furtherglory — May 29, 2017 @ 9:31 am

            • You wrote: “According to Simon Wiesenthal and others, it was not used because never completed.”

              Simon Wiesenthal was a “liar, liar, pants on fire.” He was able to tell his lies because almost no one in the world had ever seen a real gas chamber — except me. I knew what a gas chamber looked like because I had seen the gas chamber in Jefferson City, MO when I was a child. I was a Holocaust denier before there was such a thing as “Holocaust denial.”

              Comment by furtherglory — May 29, 2017 @ 9:48 am

              • I am replying to my own comment because I want to add something. On the day that I saw the gas chamber in Jefferson City, MO, I also saw the state prison in Jeff City. Little children like me were taken into the prison, where we walked down the hallway right next to the prison cells. All the prisoners that I saw that day were African-American. They were standing next to the bars on the cells and calling out to the children. They were all saying that they hated white people and as soon as they got out of prison, they were going to rob and kill white people.

                Comment by furtherglory — May 29, 2017 @ 9:57 am

              • Furtherglory wrote: ” I was a Holocaust denier before there was such a thing as “Holocaust denial.””

                Didn’t you sometimes write that you were a Holocaust believer when you started this blog???

                Comment by hermie — May 29, 2017 @ 4:20 pm

                • You wrote: :”Didn’t you sometimes write that you were a Holocaust believer when you started this blog???”

                  I was never a “True Believer”. However, I did not want to advertise that I was a Holocaust denier. I was traveling a lot, and I feared that I might be thrown into prison for Holocaust denial, which was a crime in many countries at that time. It is now a crime in 20 countries, but I am not worried. If I am convicted of denial, I will request that I be sent to an old folks home in Germany.

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 30, 2017 @ 10:21 am

                • I’m sure there will be exciting times to come for us “Holohoax” deniers.
                  The Jews are pushing the issue more then ever. Still waiting for the opportunity to debate the issue with someone but that day doesn’t seem to be coming too soon. Ask the local Temple about coming in and giving them the HoloHoax tour but no replies.

                  JR

                  Comment by Jim Rizoli — May 30, 2017 @ 10:29 am

                • Furtherglory wrote: “I was never a “True Believer”. However, I did not want to advertise that I was a Holocaust denier. ”

                  OK. I see. I had misunderstood your statements about that.

                  Comment by hermie — May 30, 2017 @ 11:37 am

    • An important excerpted passage:

      The “gas chambers” reference seemed to be based on two references in the Polish aide-mémoire’s appendix, both supposedly drawn from telegrams sent from Poland on 17th July 1943…Roger Allen pointed out to Cavendish-Bentinck: “It will be observed that the first of these reports gives no indication of the date of the occurrence, or the number of people concerned; the second is silent as to the place and the source. It is true that there have been references to the use of gas chambers in other reports; but these references have usually, if not always, been equally vague, and since they have concerned the extermination of Jews, have usually emanated from Jewish sources. These stories may or may not be true, but in any event I submit we are putting out a statement on evidence which is far from conclusive, and which we have no means of assessing. “…Cavendish-Bentinck wasted no time in passing this analysis on later that day to the Foreign Office top brass, adding his own sceptical note: “In my opinion it is incorrect to describe Polish information regarding
      German atrocities as ‘trustworthy’. The Poles, and to a far greater extent the Jews, tend to exaggerate German atrocities in order to stoke us up…“I do not believe that there is any evidence which would be
      accepted in a Law Court
      …“I think that we weaken our case against the Germans by publicly giving credence to atrocity stories for which we have no evidence.”

      Most of that is still true today: there is no evidence for the ‘Holocaust’ that would withstand a modern adversarial court proceeding — the refusal of Raul Hilberg to testify in the second Zündel trial after he’d been humiliated on cross-examination in the first can be seen as an indication of that.

      Comment by eah — May 29, 2017 @ 12:36 pm

  3. Before the 45th Thunderbird Division of the US Seventh Army arived Captain Alfred DeGrazia of the U.S. Dept. of Psychological Warfare SHAEF arrived to enlist prisoner help in retrofitting the Brausbad (Shower Room) as a homicidal gas chamber for Hollywood director/U.S. Naval Intelligence Lt. Col. George Stevens and his field photography team. They created a movie set to film the Dachau sequences of Death Mills, the first motion picture film ever entered as evidence in a court of law (Nuremburg). http://www.metron-publications.com sells a new and revised edition De Grazia’s war memoirs “A Taste of War.” On page 481 there’s a photo of de Grazia standing in front of a stack of corpses at Dachau, but there is no mention of what he did there anywhere in the book! Go figure.

    Comment by who dares wings — May 28, 2017 @ 4:26 pm

  4. The gas chamber hoax has been spreading for quite a long period time and people actually thought when they went into the camps they were going to be gassed. They were a very surprised when water came out of the shower head.
    Sadly this gas chamber a hoax continues to be spread by the holohoaxers in the schools and few seem to care what the truth is. I find it the kind of, comical that people can believe this nonsense especially knowing the origins of it.
    Now you know why they come down and so hard on us revisionists because if people knew what the truth was they would be really pissed.

    JR

    Comment by Jim Rizoli — May 28, 2017 @ 3:45 pm


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: