This quote is from an article in the Huddersfield Daily Examiner, which you can read in full here.
“For 16 years, the Holocaust Education Trust (HET) has been running trips to Auschwitz, the extermination camp where 1.2m innocent people were murdered simply because they didn’t fit narrow Nazi ideals.”
The official number of deaths at Auschwitz is now 1.1 million, down from 4 million, which was claimed for years. But it never hurts to add another 100,000 or so victims, just in case.
The article also contains these claims:
1. Auschwitz played a leading role in the Holocaust where six million Jews and five million Slavs, Gypsies, homosexuals, disabled people and political enemies were massacred by Hitler’s genocidal regime.
2. the Polish town of Oswiecim.
The name (pronounced ‘oshee-entsim’) was once a regular town with 8,000 Jews comprising the majority of its population.
3. In 1939, it was occupied by the Nazis and renamed Auschwitz as part of the party’s ‘Lebensraum’ (living space) policy.
4. Oswiecim was purged of its Jewish population.
5. In a cemetery a short distance from the Oswiecim’s attractive main square we learn that Jewish gravestones were removed and used as paving stones, our HET guide Martin Winstone says. Hitler was determined to erase the Jewish race from the past as well as the present.
6. the headstones which were returned to the cemetery after the war.
7. Auschwitz I where the genocide began in 1940.
8. [the Arbeit macht Frei sign] means ‘work makes you free’ and was presumably intended as a sick joke; no prisoner was supposed to leave Auschwitz alive.
The Arbeit Macht Frei sign was only put on gates into camps that were Class I camps, where prisoners had a chance to be released. http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Auschwitz/Auschwitz12.html
Prisoners were taken to the Black Wall and executed after a trial. http://www.scrapbookpages.com/AuschwitzScrapbook/Tour/Auschwitz1/Auschwitz05.html
9. the jail and punishment block [Block 11] where inmates were tortured and given a kangaroo hearing before being taken out and shot at the ‘death wall’ [black wall].
Jews sent to the left to be killed
10. Those deemed unfit, including elderly people and children, would be sent left to the gas chambers [at Auschwitz-Birkenau].
End of quotes from the news article.
Now you know the true facts of the Holocaust, dear readers. Don’t try to deny any of this or you might go to prison for 5 years for “Holocaust denial” which is a crime in 19 countries.