Scrapbookpages Blog

July 10, 2012

Did Amon Goeth really shoot prisoners from his balcony? (Testimony from his trial)

Filed under: Holocaust — Tags: , , — furtherglory @ 11:53 am

I am blogging about Amon Goeth today in answer to comments made on a previous post about him.  As every school child in America knows, Amon Goeth was the Commandant of the Plaszow camp, near Krakow, and he shot prisoners in the camp from his balcony.  Testimony from his trial, which you can read here, proves it. Or does it?

The photo below, which shows Goeth’s house, was copied from the H.E.A.R.T website.

The three-story white house where Amon Goeth lived

Photo on H.E.A.R.T web site shows Amon Goeth on the patio of the white house

The most important testimony in Amon Goeth’s trial came from one of his former maids, Helena Horowitz. (Goeth had two maids, both named Helen or Helena.)

This quote is from Helena Horowitz’s testimony, which I copied from the H.E.A.R.T website:

Witness -Helena Horowitz (age 30, seamstress)

Witness: I arrived in the camp on the 13th of February I managed to obtain work in the camp kitchen, where I worked as a potato peeler. Right at the beginning I received 10 strokes on my back for allegedly not working hard enough. A short while after, I have been selected by the kitchen Kapo to work in the kitchen for the Germans.

I enjoyed the work there, and I have been promised that if I continue to work as at present, I will be retained there permanently. At that moment I was there in place of a maid who was taken ill with Typhus, at a later stage I have been retained to work there permanently.

At the beginning I believed this to be tremendously lucky, but at that time I have not been aware of the terrible behaviour of the accused (Amon Goeth). My first encounter with him (Goeth), was as follows;

After a dinner I threw out the bones remaining on a plate, in the evening the accused appears in the kitchen and demands to know where are the bones, I replied I threw them out. He struck me in the face, with such a force, that I fell over and he tells me that if I will not obey his orders, he will shoot me. Once in the “Red House” entering a room I noticed a rifle, or another type of weapon

Chairman: You must clarify what was this “Red House?”

Witness: This was the private residence of the accused. That is where I noticed how he held a rifle, and congratulating himself on its ability, or his expertise, in front of other Germans also present in the room, he was firing at a group of people working at a distance of maybe 200 metres from the apartment window.

Next another fact, following the liquidation of the Ghetto in Krakow, Jews were brought into the camp and on to the hill only to be shot there. After the execution a party took place there, at which I have been subjected to abuse and torment.

There were women in the party as well, and despite the fact that they were of low morals, frequently they came to my defence. He would tell them that I am Jewish criminal who must be treated without pity.

Another fact in the “Red House” he drunk round the clock, still drunk he would come to me asking if I have prepared a dinner party, which he intended to give in honour of a president called Brauling, I believe that was his name. I replied clearly to this, that I am not aware of this at all, as I have not received any instructions to this effect.  At that point he grabbed me with both his hands by my throat, choking me, as a result of which I fell unconscious to the ground.

After regaining my consciousness I asked why he did this? He replied first of all because you ask questions, and secondly because you did not carry out my order, which in reality, he never gave, because he was drinking that day round the clock.

He then told me at the time that if the dinner party will not be a success, in the evening, I will be shot. Naturally, following such a threat, I did what I could, so that the dinner party was prepared in a exemplary way. All the food used to prepare this dinner came from the camp prisoner’s kitchen.

Luckily for me the party turned out to be a success, and to my surprise, the following day he was furious again. I did not know that an additional person would turn up for the party, Goeth summoned me to him, asking why was the table laid short for one person? Without waiting for my reply, he threw a sharp knife at me, which penetrated my leg.

Another fact, in the camp there was one German called Biegel who worked in the camp commercial buying and selling administration office. At one dinner party this officer Biegel gave an order to a boy, who worked there as well, he should fetch a carriage from the stables. The boy froze when told by Biegel, he will be whipped 25 times, if he fails to carry out his order.

Naturally, the boy brought the carriage, as ordered, which Goeth learned later. Goeth summoned the boy to him and asked him who gave him the order to bring that carriage there. The boy replied, explaining the circumstances and how it arose. Goeth without listening to the boy, killed him on the spot, the boy was 20 years old.

Chairman: Have you seen this?

Witness: Yes I have been present, when it happened.

Once I have been summoned to his room in the morning, where he showed me his uniform thrown against a wall. He asked me why I have neglected and failed to clean it?

I was unable to explain this, Goeth, assuming that I was neglectful, hit me across my face, that made me more nervous, it must have shown itself on my face, as he dragged me into another room, and there beat me without a stop, damaging my ear drum. Only following the interference of his mistress, that the beating stopped.

Chairman: What was her name?

Witness: Ruth Kalber
Chairman: Not Majola?
Witness: That was how she was called in the camp

Now let’s look at the photo of the house again.

The white house where Goeth lived with Ruth Kalder

I have proof that I saw this house, since I took a photo of it when I was there.  You can see in the photo below that the house is white, although it was badly in need of a fresh coat of paint when I took the photo in 1998.

White house where Amon Goeth lived with Ruth Kalder

The balcony and the patio on the rear of the white house where Amon Goeth lived

As the photo above shows, tourists are taken to see the WHITE HOUSE on Jerozolimska street where Amon Goeth lived.  When I visited this house, it was at least a 10 minute drive from the location of the former camp.

Now let’s read the testimony of his maid again:

….Once in the “Red House”entering a room I noticed a rifle, or another type of weapon

Chairman: You must clarify what was this “Red House?”

Witness: This was the private residence of the accused. That is where I noticed how he held a rifle, and congratulating himself on its ability, or his expertise, in front of other Germans also present in the room, he was firing at a group of people working at a distance of maybe 200 metres from the apartment window.

The testimony at his trial was that Amon Goeth was firing his rifle at a “group of people” who were “maybe 200 meters from the apartment window.” And there were other Germans present, presumably SS men, and maybe even his good friend Oskar Schlindler was there.

So he was NOT killing PRISONERS in the Plaszow camp.  He was FIRING HIS RIFLE….and not at prisoners, but at a GROUP OF PEOPLE who were very close to the RED HOUSE, not the white house that tourists are shown today.

The house that is shown to tourists is behind a hill which is between the house and the camp.  What was Amon Goeth really shooting at when he lived in the Red House?  No one knows because Helena was the only witness.

The movie Schindler’s List was based on a novel entitled Schindler’s Ark.  In the book, the author says that Goeth stepped out of the front door of a “temporary residence” and shot prisoners at random. Later when he moved into a three-story white house on Jerozolimska Street, Goeth shot prisoners from the balcony, according to the novel. In the movie, Schindler’s List, Goeth is shown standing on the balcony in the rear of his house, shooting prisoners, who were not working fast enough, with a high-powered rifle.

The “temporary residence” that is mentioned in the novel Schindler’s Ark might be the RED HOUSE where Goeth stepped out of the front door and shot at something at random.  We will never know because there was only one witness to this event.

Amon Goeth was arrested by the Nazis on September 13, 1944. Oskar Schindler was arrested a few days later and interrogated by the SS as part of the Goeth investigation, according to a book by David Crowe, entitled Oskar Schindler. Crowe wrote that Schindler “did move a lot of the former Plaszow commandant’s war booty to Brünnlitz” where Schindler had set up a new concentration camp. Göth, who still considered Schindler to be his friend, visited Brünnlitz several times during the latter months of the war while on parole, according to Crowe’s book.

David Crowe wrote that Amon Goeth had been arrested after a 6-month investigation of Goeth’s tenure as Plaszow’s Commandant.  The man who investigated Goeth was Dr. Georg Konrad Morgen, a Waffen-SS officer and attorney whom Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler had put in charge of investigating murder, corruption and mistreatment of prisoners in all the Nazi concentration camps in 1943.

Dr. Morgen’s first investigation had resulted in the arrest of Karl Otto Koch, the Commandant of Buchenwald. Koch was convicted by a Nazi court and executed.  When Goeth realized that he was being investigated by Dr. Morgen, he sought permission from Wilhelm Koppe in the central office in Oranienburg to execute Wilek Chilowicz, who could have testified against him.
According to David Crowe’s book, Goeth asked one of his SS officers, Josef Sowinski, to prepare a detailed, false report about a potential camp rebellion led by Chilowicz and other OD men. Based on this report, Koppe sent a secret letter to Goeth giving him the authority to carry out the execution of Chilowicz and several other OD men. The execution took place on August 13, 1944; Goeth was arrested exactly a month later and charged by Dr. Morgen with corruption and brutality, including the murder of Wilek Chilowicz and several others. The office in Oranienburg did not have the authority to give an execution order; an execution could only be authorized by the Gestapo in Berlin. Dr. Morgen did not charge Goeth with shooting prisoners at random from his balcony.

Due to the fact that Germany was losing the war and the SS now had bigger problems, Goeth was never put on trial by Dr. Morgen’s court and this was the last investigation done by the SS. After the war, Dr. Morgen was arrested as a “war criminal,” and imprisoned in the bunker at the Dachau concentration camp to await his own trial.

The charges brought against Amon Goeth by the Polish government did not include the charge that he had shot prisoners from his balcony. Nor did the charges brought against him by Dr. Morgen. If Dr. Morgen had talked to Goeth’s maid and learned that Goeth had shot at a group of people, he would have included this charge against him.

Unfortunately, Dr. Morgen never talked to Helena Horowitz, the only witness to the shooting at the RED HOUSE, who testified about this alleged crime.

The photo below, which purportedly shows how close Amon Goeth’s house was to the camp, is on the H.E.A.R.T website.

The title of this photo is “View of the Plaszow camp from Goeth’s terrace”

How do we know that the photo above was taken from Goeth’s terrace.  I would like to see something in the foreground that would prove that the photo was taken from the terrace.

View of Krakow from the location of the Plaszow camp

I took the photo above, from the location of the Plaszow camp, to show how close the camp was to the city of Krakow.  Whoever took the photo of the camp from Goeth’s house should have included the steps of the house in the photo.  In other words, the old black and white photo of the camp proves nothing.

I took the photo below to show how close houses are to the location of the former Plaszow camp.

The fence around the former Plaszow camp with a house in the background

42 Comments

  1. Actually I think your blog isn’t half bad at all.I’ve only read the Schindler stuff but you have at least done some reading on the subject & – if you are indeed a holocaust denier (& that can mean many things) – I at least give you credit for actually studying the topic.

    Comment by John Martin Phelan — December 18, 2017 @ 6:48 am

    • You wrote: “Actually I think your blog isn’t half bad at all.”

      You say that my blog is not half bad. Does that mean that it is all bad?

      Comment by furtherglory — December 18, 2017 @ 11:59 am

      • No.It means it’s mostly (what I’ve read anyway) well thought through & it’s a compliment.

        Comment by John Martin Phelan — December 18, 2017 @ 12:41 pm

  2. Why are you people arguing about details? Of course Schindler’s list is not absolutely historically accurate. It is not a documentary. But it is essentially true. There is enough evidence that Goeth was a sadistic, murderous scumbag to justify his posthumous infamy. Whether some of the detail of what is believed about him might be false it makes no difference. Huw was still a monster.

    Comment by tom rose — May 1, 2016 @ 6:03 am

    • I have a section on my scrapbookpages.com website about Schindler’s List, which you can read at
      http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Kazimierz/Kazimierz01C.html

      Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 7:17 am

      • Yes I have read it. You seem to have missed my point. Schindler’s List is a feature film, not a documentary. That does not mean that it depicts a false image of what the Third Reich, the Nazis, the SS, the Gestapo were like. Why are you trying to whitewash an evil and despicable man.

        Comment by tom rose — May 1, 2016 @ 7:23 am

        • You wrote: “Why are you trying to whitewash an evil and despicable man?”

          If Amon Goeth was so despicable, why was Oskar Schindler such good friends with him?

          I try to write both sides of every story. I have a page on my website about Amon Goeth: http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Plaszow/Plaszow03A.html

          Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 7:34 am

          • I see that your style of argument is not to answer the question being asked, but to deflect it by asking an irrelevant one in return. I can think of many reasons why a fundamentally decent Schindler appeared to be “good friends” with Goeth, but it would be no more than speculation.

            I am not arguing with your historical research, nor am I denying that the film has many historical inaccuracies. I believe that anyone that takes a feature film emanating from the USA as accurate documentary truth is being foolish. We have plenty of evidence evidence in other films such as “Seven Years in Tibet” and in the Biopic of Houdini where the depiction of the manner of his death is entirely fictitious. But in a world where people still believe that Mozart tried to poison Salieri we ought not to be surprised at what many people take to be genuine history.

            I am just pointing out that nevertheless Goeth deserves to be viewed as the monster that is depicted in the film, if not for exactly the same reasons.

            Comment by tom rose — May 1, 2016 @ 7:44 am

            • In my previous reply to you, I gave you a link to a page on my website. In case you didn’t read that page to the bitter end, I am giving you this quote from that page:

              Begin quote

              After World War II ended, the American military turned Amon Goeth over to the Polish government for prosecution as a war criminal. He was brought before the Supreme National Tribunal of Poland in Krakow. His trial took place between August 27, 1946 and September 5, 1946. Goeth was charged with being a member of the Nazi party and a member of the Waffen-SS, Hitler’s elite army, both of which had been designated as criminal organizations by the Allies after the war.

              His crimes included the charges that he had taken part in the activities of these two criminal organizations. The crime of being a Nazi applied only to Nazi officials, and Goeth had never held a job as a Nazi official. In fact, at the time of Goeth’s conviction by the Polish court, the judgment against the SS and the Nazi party as criminal organizations had not yet been made by the Nuremberg IMT.
              End quote

              Note that the charges against Goeth did not include the charge of shooting Jews from the balcony of his house.

              I have a page about Goeth’s house on my website at http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Plaszow/Plaszow03.html

              Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 7:52 am

              • I agree wholeheartedly that the film is semi-fictional and that it does not try to present what you consider a “balanced” view, but I think it is completely trite of you to make a big deal of that. Anyone with a scrap of intelligence knows that feature films are not accurate dovumentaries.

                And yes I followed your link and read it all, as well as many other pages from your blog. You seem to be obsessed with the fact that it is unlikely Goeth ever shot anyone in the camp from the balcony of his house, with the many (for want of a better term) “historical inaccuracies” in the film, and the fact that the Nazi party also had problems with Goeth because he was helping himself to goods stolen from the Jews instead of passing them on entirely to the SS.

                And as for “it wasn’t 4,000 that were killed, it was 2,000. How stupid. I can just imagine offering that as a defence. “Your honour, the prosecution alleges that I am responsible for 4,000 deaths. Actually it was only 2,000”. Do you really think that makes him less culpable. He may have liked fine wine and good food, as depicted in the film. To those unaware of his dark side he might have seemed the sort of person you could have a good time with. He may have enjoyed fine music. Well human beings are complex. No-one is entirely evil and even the best of us have our flaws. Consider Wagner. He wrote some great music, but as a man he was seriously flawed … amongst other things he was a rabid anti-Semite.

                The fact remains that Goeth was a depraved and evil man, responsible for many, many deaths.

                Elsewhere you seem to imply that it was justifiable for Jewish escapees from the camps to be shot because the Jewish resistance was having some successes against the Nazis. What an absurd argument that is. You seem to forget why they were imprisoned in the first place, had their property stolen, and denied basic human rights, and that the Third Reich planned the total extermination of Jews world-wide. That some Jewish survivors owed their survival to yet more self-serving corruption amongst German officers changes nothing.

                I repeat, no matter what you have found out about him and about the Germany and Germans of the time, there is still more than enough evidence to condemn the regime, the large number of ordinary Germans that went along with it, and particularly Goeth and his kind. The regime was intrinsically evil and Goeth was a disgrace to humanity, and fully deserves his posthumous reputation.

                Comment by tom rose — May 1, 2016 @ 8:15 am

                • You wrote: “Consider Wagner. He wrote some great music, but as a man he was seriously flawed … amongst other things he was a rabid anti-Semite.”

                  I wrote about Wagner, who was a rabid anti-Semite, on this blog post:
                  https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2011/06/19/was-richard-wagner-an-anti-semite/

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 8:27 am

                • You wrote:
                  “You seem to forget why they [the Jews] were imprisoned in the first place, had their property stolen, and denied basic human rights, and that the Third Reich planned the total extermination of Jews world-wide.”

                  My blog is not for you — it is a Holocaust denial blog, which is legal in the USA, although not for long.

                  I have written around 1700 blog posts in the 5 years that I have been blogging.

                  For example this blog post, which is typical.

                  https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/piles-of-shoes-prove-that-the-jews-were-gassed-in-the-nazi-death-camps/

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 8:52 am

                • You are very adept at picking one less-than-central point out of any criticism of your views and using it to turn the questioning on to your critic, whilst ignoring the bulk of the arguments against you. It might fool some people. It just persuades me that your opinions on what went on in WWII are untenable, but that you will resort to any underhand or logically fallacious way of arguing to protect it.

                  I do not think Holocaust Denial should be illegal. Free speech means that some people will publish things of which we disapprove and some will even try to persuade us that falsehood is truth. I have faith that it is impossible to re-write history and get away with it. Enough evidence will survive that the essentials of the truth can be found by anyone interested. Seems to me that you are interested only in information that supports your views, i.e. Cherry Picking.

                  That, and demolishing the straw men that you set up yourself. As if “revealing” what we all know already … that Schindler’s List is not a historically accurate documentary … in some way excuses or ameliorates any Nazi atrocities, or makes Goeth any less of a monster.

                  I”d like to see you debate this with an intellectual heavyweight, and then we’ll see how sound your arguments are.

                  So you have written 1700 articles. The number of articles means nothing. If you were right just one would be enough.

                  Comment by tom rose — May 1, 2016 @ 10:04 am

                • You wrote: “I”d like to see you debate this with an intellectual heavyweight, and then we’ll see how sound your arguments are.”

                  Which “intellectual heavyweight” do you have in mind?
                  Do you mean “debate in person” or online?

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 10:52 am

                • If you still can’t understand why the Nazis Holocausted the Jews, watch this video:

                  Comment by furtherglory — May 1, 2016 @ 9:23 am

                • Oskar was such good friends with Amon for 1 reason to save lives so he played Amon inside Oskar loathed & wished at times the war was over so he could see Amon get justice, sometimes u have to sleep with the devil to get what u need as u have no choice.

                  Think sometimes films like Schindler to get his story out to the masses must be toned down as to not upset children with scenes of horror.

                  Comment by Farakh Zahir — July 22, 2017 @ 4:41 am

            • “believe that Mozart tried to poison Salieri”
              Wasn’t it the other way round?

              Comment by Mikael — October 15, 2016 @ 6:19 am

  3. All lies, one persons written down notes or tell tale lies doesn’t make it true. Just like the nonsense from Alfred naujocks who mentioned the radio station attack on Poland as the German excuse to start war

    Comment by hate bullshitters — May 4, 2015 @ 5:02 am

  4. The beginning states: ” As every school child in America knows, Amon Goeth was the Commandant of the Plaszow camp, near Krakow, and he shot prisoners in the camp from his balcony”.
    That is completely incorrect. Schools in the U.S. today do not teach history. They teach revisionist history if any at all. Our country has become so politically correct that teaching accurate history is a thing of the past. It is sad. Our country is crashing around us.
    I believe it should be taught. Today anti-Semitism is on the rise around the world and in the U.S. Schindler’s List should be mandatory viewing in very high school in the U.S. before a student can graduate. Any and all documentaries that accurately portray the Holocaust should also be shown and a requirement for graduation.

    Comment by Daniel Murphey — February 26, 2015 @ 6:43 pm

  5. “The man who investigated Goeth was Dr. Georg Konrad Morgen, a Waffen-SS officer and attorney whom Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler had put in charge of investigating murder, corruption and mistreatment of prisoners in all the Nazi concentration camps in 1943.” Frankly, that is more interesting than the discussion about the white or red house. Actually, the walls around the balcony level look pink, not white to me. Maybe that’s why it was called “red”. Or maybe the tiles of the roof were very red in those days etc. Anyway, if you want to make your point, you’ll have to proove there was one house called the white house and one the red one, and where they were situated in the camp.

    But frankly, I was more surprised to hear that Himmler, head of the SS appointed someone to “investigate murder” and “mistreatment of prisoners” in the Nazi concentration camps ???? Why the heck would he have done that ? I thought murdering people was the whole idea of those concentration camps ? That really is the oddest thing I have read this month, never heard of that before. Really most peculiar !

    Comment by Ben Vanhees — January 30, 2014 @ 9:01 pm

    • I wrote about the “red house” and the “white house” on this blog post: https://furtherglory.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/amon-goeth-had-two-different-maids-named-helen-and-lived-in-three-different-houses-at-the-plaszow-concentration-camp/

      In 1998, I went to Poland, and a private tour guide took me to see Amon Goeth’s former house. I have a photo of it on the top of this page of my website: http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Plaszow/Plaszow03.html

      While I was at the house, I asked my tour guide where the camp was located, and she told me that the camp was not visible from the house because there is a hill between the house and the place where the camp was located.

      The first Commandant of Dachau, Hilmar Wäckerle, was arrested and charged with murder for the deaths of Louis Schloss on May 16, 1933 and Dr. Alfred Strauss on May 24, 1933.

      After Wäckerle was dismissed, by Himmler, because his severe punishment of the prisoners had resulted in several deaths, the new Commandant, Theodor Eicke, issued a new set of rules for the camp in October 1933. The SS guards and administrators were forbidden to strike the prisoners or to punish them on their own authority. Punishment for such offenses as stealing or sabotage had to be approved by headquarters, which was at first located in Dachau, but was later moved to Oranienburg near Berlin.

      The purpose of the concentration camps was to confine “enemies of the state.” American also set up “internment camps” to confine Japanese Americans and German-Americans. German citizens in South America were kidnapped and brought to the internment camps in America. General Eisenhower referred to the German concentration camps as internment camps.

      Comment by furtherglory — January 31, 2014 @ 7:45 am

  6. Hey Waldo, this article doesn’t say the bones were chicken bones. Besides, it doesn’t say they were cooked. Uncooked chicken bones do not hurt dogs. Furthermore, who said there were any dogs? Anyone, as yourself, who watches Aljazeera cannot have too much going on mentally and should refrain from slamming other human beings as it shows your lack of compassion, common sense and humanity. Are you an animal or human being? Think about it- if you are capable.

    Comment by Fed up with stupidity — September 6, 2013 @ 11:28 am

    • Waldo you are a fucking moron,the insignificance of chicken bones sums up the thought process that tickles the small brain you must have.Go away and get help son.

      Comment by w.scott — September 6, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

    • Pretty sure that chicken bones were mentioned in film

      Comment by fifebhoy — May 4, 2015 @ 4:54 am

  7. jews all lie the same about his dogs the jew says she had thrown bones out from a chicken but people who own dogs know that chicken bones make dogs sick if they eat chicken bones in fact every person would know this

    Comment by Waldo Paradise — May 8, 2013 @ 12:29 pm

    • I see that stupid Jews attack your comment, amon goeth had two great danes, Ralf & Rolf, but I doubt he would’ve fed them to his dogs.

      Comment by Tim — April 4, 2014 @ 11:18 am

  8. Can you give a url of this H.E.A.R.T website please? many thanks

    Comment by megan — March 18, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

  9. Helen Hirsh explains how he shot them in the documentary with Goeths daughter.Prisoners/Jews were marched past the house at the rear on the balcony side.Julius madritsch had a workshop in Plazow and a factory in Krakow.Madritsh was an Austrian and was a kind man like Osker Schindler.Helen Hirsch the maid in Goeths villa explains that the Jews were marched past the house in the direction of Madritschs workshop and factory.This was at the rear of the house /balcony side between the house and the hill you talking about.Not in the camp itself but marching by the house,they were shot .from his balcony.You must remember that the villa has two balconies .one at the top and one at ground level where he is photographed with the rifle.I have no reason whatsoever do disbelieve Helen Hirsh when she says that this was the house and she heard him shooting prisoners from that house.Holocaust deniers will always tamper with the truth,shame on them.

    Comment by w.scott — September 30, 2012 @ 4:30 am

  10. the house that goeth has the rifle is definately not the same house as the one the tourists are shown.look at the balcony of the house which goeth has the rifle,its totally different,the doors windows,length of balcony etc.

    Comment by mr w. scott — September 20, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

    • Id just like to say that my comment above is in no way in defence of Amon Goeth.He was nothing more than a monster and was totally guilty of genocide at Plazow.I do not think Helen Hirsh has told any lie .I watched the documentary today regarding Helen meeting Goeths daughter and if she says that the house she was in was the one that both she and Goeth lived in then im sure that she is totally truthful.Helen Hirsh would have absolutely no reason to lie after all the suffering the she,her family and fellow inmates had endured.Holocaust deniers disgust me so whether the house was red ,white or pink does not matter.In saying that i still feel that the house that the tourists are shown was the one that Helen suffered in under Goeth but is not the same house that he is photographed on a balcony with a rifle.Theres also another photograph showing Ruth Kalder on the same balcony,same house as the Goeth rifle photos.Does it really matter from which house or balcony this maniac shot people from,the fact is he WAS a murderer and the Holocaust did happen.My thoughts are with all the victims R.I.P.

      Comment by mr w. scott — September 20, 2012 @ 5:14 pm

    • Ive checked the house in other photographs and watched the documentary about Goeths daughter meeting Helen Hirsh and It is the same house after all.The photographs of Goeth holding the rifle are on the bottom balcony on the same ground level which is obscured by the tourists.Other photographs of Goeth and his friends are shown also on the bottom balcony and the railings etc match up exactly.THIS WAS DEFINATELY THE HOUSE GOETH LIVED IN AT PLAZOW.

      Comment by scott — September 22, 2012 @ 8:05 am

    • Id just like to clear this up once and for all.The house in all the photographs is the same.The confusion lies because everyone thinks the wartime photos of Goeth picture him on the top balcony.The villa has two balconies and all the photos of Goeth with the rifle are from the bottom balcony on the grd floor level.This balcony is mostly obscured with the tourists in the present day photo.Their are some photos of Goeth on the net which show the top balcony above him and the railings design shape etc are identical.The villa in the coloured photo is definately the one Goeth and Ruth Kalder lived in at Plazow and undoubtedly the same villa that Goeth has the rifle

      Comment by mr scott — September 28, 2012 @ 1:48 pm

      • You are correct that all the photos show the “White house.” The only person at the trial, who accused Goeth of shooting prisoners from the balcony, said that he fired his rifle from the “Red house.” The White house is shown to tourists today; they are told that Goeth shot and killed prisoners from this house, which would have been impossible since the White house is too far from the camp and there is a hill between the house and the camp.

        Amon Goeth has been demonized because of the fictional movie “Shindler’s List” which shows him shooting prisoners from a fictional house that is on the edge of the quarry where Spielberg shot the film. The film is shown in American schools and the children are not told that it is fictional.

        Comment by furtherglory — September 28, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

        • Helen Hirsh explains how he shot them in the documentary with Goeths daughter.Prisoners/Jews were marched past the house at the rear on the balcony side.Julius madritsch had a workshop in Plazow and a factory in Krakow.Madritsh was an Austrian and was a kind man like Osker Schindler.Helen Hirsch the maid in Goeths villa explains that the Jews were marched past the house in the direction of Madritschs workshop and factory.This was at the rear of the house /balcony side between the house and the hill you talking about.Not in the camp itself but marching by the house,they were shot .from his balcony.You must remember that the villa has two balconies .one at the top and one at ground level where he is photographed with the rifle.I have no reason whatsoever do disbelieve Helen Hirsh when she says that this was the house and she heard him shooting prisoners from that house.

          Comment by mr scott — September 29, 2012 @ 10:37 am

        • Demonized? Fictional? Really?

          Comment by MALOEBOO — March 28, 2013 @ 5:01 pm

          • No kidding. Someone is really out of touch. Amon Goeth is being demonized! He didn’t shoot them at his house, he did it at the camp! That’s better, isn’t it?… What a joke.

            Comment by Kel — September 19, 2014 @ 9:37 am

  11. Furtherglory, sorry to have missed your substantial May 2010 blog about Amon Goeth’s daughter documentary.

    It attracted quite a number of comments, with many displaying an impressive level of thorough brainwashing, up until last week!

    You can watch the documentary here or there.

    Comment by Eager for Answers — July 10, 2012 @ 9:44 pm

  12. This documentary is an absolute must-see. (Unfortunately offline now)

    The massive guilt dripping from Amon Goeth’s daughter is almost as great as the hate oozing from A.G’s maid, Helen Sternlicht Jonas-Rosenzweig, who miraculously survived.

    Regrettably, she was not forwarded the diversity-is-our-greatest-strength memo, though.

    Comment by Eager for Answers — July 10, 2012 @ 7:17 pm

    • Amon Goeth had two Jewish maids who lived in the basement of his villa: Helena Hirsch and Helena Sternlicht. Helen Hirsch is now Helen Horowitz and Helen Sternlicht is now Helen Jonas-Rosenzweig. In the movie, Schindler’s List, the two Helenas are a composite of the two real life Helenas, although both appear together briefly in one scene. The one who testified at Goeth’s trial was Helena Hirsch, who is now Helena Horowitz.

      I saw the documentary long ago and I noticed the hatred oozing from Helena Sternlicht.

      Comment by furtherglory — July 10, 2012 @ 9:21 pm

  13. Sadistic torture session involving Amon Goeth.

    Comment by Eager for Answers — July 10, 2012 @ 6:03 pm


RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

%d bloggers like this: